PDA

View Full Version : stander?

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey guys i was wondering how the wright standers do on hills and also i was wondering if anyone has tried the sentar. I havent heard much about this mower on here but it looks pretty neat. Just wanted some professional insight

impactlandscaping
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
They are fantastic, well built and designed mowers. The best thing to do is to demo one for a day or two, and see how it will fit into your operation. I love ours, and you will find many of the other Wright supporters here tell you the same thing.

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-22-2005, 04:58 PM
do they stripe very well?

ed2hess
05-22-2005, 05:03 PM
How is the unit for loading it onto a trailer, I wondered if it would drag since you can't lift the deck. And what about low tree branches, is that a problem?

Itsgottobegreen
05-22-2005, 09:35 PM
The stander is insane on hills. Nothing will come close to it on hills (except the hustler hillsider but that 6x6 wheel drive) I go several jobs because I had the only machine could cut the hill.

They stripes well on most grasses. But I built striping kits for mine. So I can stripe anything.

As for the trailers. Just lean back a little and grab the controls to pull a wheelie. So you can clear the trailer ramp. Or anything else in the way.

The sentar is almost as insane on hills. Cuts a lot faster and more powerful. I like mine. But its for sale so I can replace it with a 52" model. So every machine in the fleet is the same.

I love my standers. I am one of their biggest fans (just ask impact or anybody else that knows me) I will kept buying them.

52" 19hp or 23hp is a good choice. The 52" 25hp is the baddest of the standers.

impactlandscaping
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
And as far as the fixed decks, I spent an average of 750.00 extra on each WB for adjustable decks...which we rarely used. We haven't had the need to change the cutting heights , so the fixed deck is no problem. We run single Raptor blades with full baffle mulch kits, and they cut extremely well and stripe well too..I am however looking into an aftermarket stripe roller or if Wil would share some ideas..lol...from his design. I have put ours in some really steep inclines with no thoughts of losing it, and have gained a few new accounts this year simply because the Stander is the perfect machine around here on hilly ground.

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
the deck on the stander isnt adjustable at all? I have a 36 inch encore and it has washers on the front casters that adjust height. I thought i saw the standers with these washers?

WoodBrothersLC
05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Our advice is the same as everyone else's...try one out. They are extremely versatile mowers with great benefits. We love them for their ability to cut fast, cut well, and most importantly handle leaves well. We have a lot of leaves to deal with and this mower is incredible when it comes to handling them. Good luck.

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
what size engine would be best? i printed off a price list from their website and im thinking about either the 19 hp kawa or the 23 hp kawa. would the 19 hp be enough power? Also no one answered my question on how the deck adjusts? Thanks for alll u rinput i think im gonna go check one out this week!

Itsgottobegreen
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
19hp is enough. But for $200 more get a 23hp. You never will run out of power. I got almost every engine hp you can get on the stander. The 23hp is the best deal for power to price. I just got the 25hp because of the more power is better syndrome.

You can adjust the deck by moving the spacers on the front casters like a walkbehind does.

Bill you will get to see a kit soon enough. I am making one for you.

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-24-2005, 10:29 PM
do ya have a pic of the stripe kit you fabricate? Id like to see what it looks like. Is it a roller? flap? chains? Just wondering.

Itsgottobegreen
05-24-2005, 10:33 PM
do ya have a pic of the stripe kit you fabricate? Id like to see what it looks like. Is it a roller? flap? chains? Just wondering.
Nope. Not risking a patent over it. Only a few have seen it and the pictures have since been removed. Its a rubber flap. But thats all I am going to say. But it works great.

snap12.5
05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
do they stripe very well?

the stripes are nothing great whatsoever. a stripe kit is the only way to go

GreenGrassEarnsCash
05-25-2005, 04:52 PM
How much are the kits gonna be itsgottobegreen?

skferreri
05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Itsgottobegreen;1032427]The stander is insane on hills. Nothing will come close to it on hills (except the hustler hillsider but that 6x6 wheel drive) I go several jobs because I had the only machine could cut the hill.

They stripes well on most grasses. But I built striping kits for mine. So I can stripe anything.

As for the trailers. Just lean back a little and grab the controls to pull a wheelie. So you can clear the trailer ramp. Or anything else in the way.

The sentar is almost as insane on hills. Cuts a lot faster and more powerful. I like mine. But its for sale so I can replace it with a 52" model. So every machine in the fleet is the same.

I love my standers. I am one of their biggest fans (just ask impact or anybody else that knows me) I will kept buying them.

52" 19hp or 23hp is a good choice. The 52" 25hp is the baddest of the standers.[/QUOTE I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WOULD PUT SOME PICS OF YOUR STRIPE KIT FOR THE STANDER.

turfsolutions
05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I currently run 2 52 inch wright fixed deck stander. One 19hp one 23 hp. Go with the 23 and make sure it comes with a baffle kit. I am pretty sure all Wrights do now. Fixed decks can be height adjusted by moving the spacers on the front casters. Takes about 45 seconds to change heights.

The standers for me are the only way to go. Most effecient mower out there. There is another post on the site talking about the Toro Grandstand compared to the wright. Look at that thread. Supposedly the grandstand can cut better it thick wet conditions. I may be demoing one soon.

fastcat
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
i bought a wright stander rh 52/19 2 weeks ago and i love it. best mower on hills the 19 hp motor has plenty of power. i mowed 14 yard today with it and this morning it was pretty wet and the grass was about 8 inches tall and it still cut great.

BrandonV
05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
guys I need some help, I've just won a nice contract (industrial) and will be mowing the banks of this pond and the rest of the facility. Is the wright the mower for this? All we've used traditionally is walkers but we're trying to diversify and do things other than just high end residential. I need something but which to get? I assume the zk is the logical choice but what about the sentar?
btw we're now mowing right up to the pond (where we're working in this pic) but the area above the blue line.