PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought the New Hustler Rear Discharge Deck mower?

Tonyr
05-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Has any one here bought one of the new Hustler rear discharge mowers yet?

If so, what are the pros n cons?

Can you post pics of before and after work please?

DennisF
05-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Do a search on Hustler rear discharge. There was a thread from someone that bought one about a week ago.

kc2006
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm supposed to be getting a demo in a week or two. We'll see if the dealer actually calls me, I've been burnt in the past so many times by dealers not calling me back. I'll get pics of the cut when/if I demo it.

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 03:20 AM
Do a search on Hustler rear discharge. There was a thread from someone that bought one about a week ago.

Dennis, what's this 'do a search ****' all about with me?

I'm not new to this forum and have an idea on how it works.

This deck is so new very few own them, yes I have read and been in that other thread, I'm asking a fresh question hoping it will be noticed as just maybe more have been purchased since.

Also in that other thread a guy bought one and said he would post pics for everyone interested but never did, and the thread lost momentum.

When have you known me to ask re bashed out questions eh?

do a search....though I'm smiling, I'm surprised you would say that to me :)

language

easycareacres
05-23-2005, 03:30 AM
the guy that brought it prob never owned a z'd turn before / Ill wait but cant see it worth kack **** in my situations if does well im wrong.
how can one disprese with dam rear whells under belley in its path ?
must be for 2-4 inch grass. :D

Envy Lawn Service
05-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Well Tonyr, I know you are stoked about this new Hustler. But you need a reliable performer like yesterday as I understand it. So please go have a look at this thread and stop holding your breath on getting info on this ultra-new Hustler. Maybe next time.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=106766&highlight=428+Grasshopper

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Hey Russ a flannel coated wally, mate, until I see this new thing work I'm not knocking it, I'm sceptical, but hopeful....stop stalking me ya bugger! lol.
My hopes are fading....just curious....lend me 30k so I can buy the big diesel plonka!

Envy mate, thanks....we country folk don't get a lot of variety, no grasshoppers here....down south there is an agent, 2-3 weeks ago I asked him to find out about their edger system...still waiting, I need a dealer with a bit more fire under his butt, wouldn't go risking 20 plus k on a new mower interstate from a dealer who can't even get me info on a edger.

I will however look at that link as I know and trust your judgement and let you know my thoughts....if in fact I manage to generate any lol. haaaaa

easycareacres
05-23-2005, 05:34 AM
wonder if that was GRASSHOPPER hee not worth jack **** waited 4 weeks for a replie on part.

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 07:04 PM
here is the info re dealer grasshopper usa just sent me....
still waiting on the edger info....not a good start. been weeks now.

I compared some specs to my toro, grasshopper is lighter built, thinner spindles, 10 guage deck against 7 guage toro, etc, etc. I'd like a demo, but buying is out of the question if dealer is in another state. Love the lights, good safety thing! Don't love the single tank idea though....if ya run out ya stuffed, with dual tanks you know you have more than a days worth. Maybe a single diesel tank lasts more than a day....? if so, problem solved!

PARKLANDS TRADING CO PTY LTD
PO BOX 213
RIVERWOOD N S W 2210
AUSTRALIA
PH: +61 02 9584 7700
FAX: +61 02 9153 9122
sales@parklands.net

DennisF
05-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Dennis, what's this 'do a search ****' all about with me?

I'm not new to this forum and have an idea on how it works.

This deck is so new very few own them, yes I have read and been in that other thread, I'm asking a fresh question hoping it will be noticed as just maybe more have been purchased since.

Also in that other thread a guy bought one and said he would post pics for everyone interested but never did, and the thread lost momentum.

When have you known me to ask re bashed out questions eh?

do a search....though I'm smiling, I'm surprised you would say that to me :)

language

No offense was intended Tony. I didn't know if you had seen the other thread.

Btw I was at the Hustler dealer the other day and asked them about it. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. Said they haven't heard of the beast. I don't know if they were lying to me or are totally out of it.

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Sorry Dennis, tired after a big day, took it all the wrong way!

Gotta love these forums, we find stuff out before the dealers usually, then some are pretty slow on the uptake lol.

Either hustler doesn't keep dealers informed for whatever reason, or typical of dealers they dunno anything about anything until they open the crate lol.
I'm talking general, not meaning just hustler dealers btw.

I'm still waiting for my dealer to look into a new spindle/belt guide kit toro put out recently as an upgrade, another dealer who knows me had it to me weeks ago....all comes back to how much the dealers try to keep up with everything.

P.J has a video of this deck now, hopefully soon he will post it here.

Pity the guy in the other thread never followed through with pics...paddock mowing, exactly what I want to see how it does, anything can mow well maintained grass, it's the thick, long, stalky stuff we all struggle with....like in paddocks etc, they all cut lawns ok, that's no challenge, it's the 'other' that tests em! lol.

my toro, turbo force deck, cuts lawns beautiful, anything non stalky, great cut, but in the stalky stuff over 1ft, needs 2 passes to get the stringers, and this is time wasting, it should cut anything in 1 pass for the $$ the dealers ask for them.

This is why I'm interested in rear discharge, but I have a feeling it is a rough areas mower, not great if after great clipping dispersal like our side discharge decks. A small version of a light duty slasher/ bush hog as yas call em.

Maybe this other guy has been asked to hold off posting pics too, maybe hustler are officially launching it somewhere and don't want stuff getting around before that?

dunno....it's all a bit of a tease lol.

Wander how the Ultracut deck of Exmarks cuts stalky weeds, paddock grasses etc? Might go demo one....be faster than waiting for this one lol.

kc2006
05-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Tony, I used to do alot of large area mowing with an exmark when I worked for a company. It was a 02 or 03 60" lazer (not sure which model) with a 27hp kohler I believe. Anyway, the mower did ok in tall stuff, it would leave straglers though. I think any of these mowers aren't going to do an excellent job in the rough stuff like that. We would always cut with the deck all teh way up 4.5" i believe and then go over it again at 3" if they wanted it mowed down low.

Envy Lawn Service
05-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Wander how the Ultracut deck of Exmarks cuts stalky weeds, paddock grasses etc? Might go demo one....be faster than waiting for this one lol.

Well Tonyr, I'll tell you now, I lay money on the fact you'll be disappointed with eXmark in those cutting conditions. Stalky stemy stuff is not eXmarks strong suit. I found that out with the Trivantage deck, which is said to be better than the deeper UltraCut on stuff like that.

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks mate!

Well that fixes that idea! lol.

Such a nice looking machine too, good price too!

I did look at the grasshopper as you suggested, quite a bit lighter built than my toro, but that doesn't always mean much....dealer is down south, no chance of demoing one. bummer!

might just go buy a kubota tractor and throw a 5ft slasher on it, ha ha, could do many of my lawns with it too! ha ha