PDA

View Full Version : Device for running double blades

Lowe Mowing
05-22-2005, 08:34 PM
OK yesterday i call my dealer up and ask him about running double blades. He acts like i am stupid and says what are u trying to do. I explain to him what i want to do with running double blades and he says he has never heard of anyone doing this. I was going to ask him about a device to hold the blades in a + position, but not anymore cause he doesnt know anything about it. So let me ask the pros on this site, does anyone use a device to hold the blades in a + position or just put them on the bolt and tighten them up?

The C Man
05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=107845#post1030535

lampeslawnservice
05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I often wonder if everyone in the mowing industry takes their doubles off their machine before they take them back to the dealer for service in fear of vaoiding warranty. It seems to me almost every dealer is clueless that we are doing this. :dizzy: You don't need a device to hold them into position, just tighten the bolt down. If you hit something they might end up in an X pattern, not a +.

Eclipse
05-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I have been running doubles with no special device. I don't think I would want something to hold them in a + because at least now they will scissor together if you hit something I would think it would be harder on then if they were not allowed to move and you hit something. JMHO

logan
05-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I take off one of my spacers from under the deck and replace it with a blade. I have tried all sorts of combos, but it seems that high lifts and gators are the most popular.

Mark McC
05-23-2005, 08:14 PM
This would not be the only dealer who doesn't know about doubles. I've talked with two here in northern VA who haven't a clue that this is going on. Makes you wonder if they know what their teenage offspring do at night.

gl1200a
05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think I would take my mower back to the dealer with anything other than stock blades on it. Especially during the warranty period. My Meg-Mo's would come off well before they would see it.

procut
05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
On a sidenote about dealers being clueless, when I was at the Bob Cat dealer the other day and mentioned a pro-slide, they had no clue what I was talking about. After I explained it to them they decided that they wanted to look into selling them :dizzy: . Go figure!!