PDA

View Full Version : Scag 36 Advantage Owners

Northwest
05-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Bought a 2003 Scag Advantage Hydro last year, had been used one year. I know why the guy sold it. The cut has been subpar no matter what I do.This piece of cr@p will only mow good with brand new blades. sharpen them once or twice, or go to fast and is leaves stringers or a mowhawk in the middle. My old 36 Honda could have the blades sharpened 10 times rounded off and the cut was better than this scag with new blades. I also had to put 30 psi in one tire and 12 psi in the other (factory wheels never been replaced) to have them the same diameter measured by a string (mower was cutting lower on one side, this corrected that). I also have a Scag 48 that I have not had any problems with. Is anyone else having any problems with the 36 Scag Advantage Hydro?

grass_cuttin_fool
05-23-2005, 07:06 AM
I dont own a 36 inch scag, I have seen alot of threads about blades leaving streaks and what most find is that the new blades are not sharpen as close to the center hole as a stock blade is. Usually you can grind them in another inch or so and that takes care of the problem

Mower For Less
05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I have a problem with mohawks whenever I try to run gators on my Exmark 36. When I run Hi-Lifts, its not a problem. What kind of blade are you running?

Kevin

Northwest
05-30-2005, 01:26 AM
I have run high lift and regular lift blades, scag factory blades and Oregon replacement blades does not seem to matter.

Anyone know of someone that manufactures 18 1/4 blades I do not know why scag does not since they made a mower that needs them. Scag manufactures 16 1/4 inch blades for my 48 and it cuts fine.