PDA

View Full Version : Rain rain go away!!!!!

LB Landscaping
05-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Its getting ridiculous up here. It has rained for the past 5 weekends and on and off every week. This weeks forcast is rain through Friday :angry: :angry: . Grass is growing very quickly already the last thing we need is a week of rain. :cry: :cry:

PYMLscape
05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Whats Milwaukee's weather doing there! Mother nature must be confused.

daveintoledo
05-23-2005, 11:15 AM
rain every day but wed, trying to figure out how to get everyone done for the holiday weekend....

aaahhh the joys of self employment, and leaarning how to make it all work...hahahaha

The mayor
05-23-2005, 11:15 AM
That's funny PYMLscape, those are my exact thoughts. I suppose it's better than no rain.

LB Landscaping
05-23-2005, 11:23 AM
On the forecast this morning they said that the rainiest city in the Nation was Seattle WA. They have had just under 17 inches of rain this year to date we have had 23.5 inches.

perfectlawncare
05-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Rain Is Job Security!!!

I Love It!

Makes The Grass Grow.

mkwl
05-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Its getting ridiculous up here. It has rained for the past 5 weekends and on and off every week. This weeks forcast is rain through Friday :angry: :angry: . Grass is growing very quickly already the last thing we need is a week of rain. :cry: :cry:

We've been getting similar weather here in Northern, NJ. I've beeen working between the rain. I'm all caught up now though. :)

mownredneck
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
I wished we had that problem. It hasn't rained here in a couple of weeks, it gets very dusty cutting these yards.

jt5019
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Im gonna be a day behind which isnt bad as long as it gets done before the holiday weekend.

spoolinaround
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
you mean you guys dont work in the rain?

I spent all day sunday in the pouring rain doing commercials on the grasshopper, my latino helper came to work in a shortie wetsuit, :D

hunter
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Push it our way. We need it. I weeks worth of rain still woudn't catch us up on what we need. And we always work in the rain. So we don't miss much.

HOOLIE
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Yes, this rain needs to stop. I can hear it right now even over the sound of the TV.

It was much better when it was dry...like did anyone really think we'd have a severe drought in the Spring?! The lawns were still growing enough to mow, now I'm just looking at a big mess, and a holiday weekend coming up.

Steeley
05-25-2005, 09:05 AM
I dont mind mowing in the rain but my customers give me dirty looks when Im mowing in the rain, I dont think it is worth loosing customers. It is really hard to deside to mow or not in the rain, I have 125 lawns to mow and I only got 4 done on Monday and 15 on Tuesday looks like none today, Im wondering what to do for the rest of the week or should I just wait till next week and start over but all my lawn I get paid each time I cut, not contracted priced. Looks like Im going to loose alot of money this week. I haver never lost this much time because of rain. :angry:

Gautreaux's LNG
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
We are currently about 12 inches behind on rain fall. Yards dying, very dusty. Send us some rain if you don't want it. We could use it

N.H.BOY
05-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey, rain must stop for at least one day. Here every f-in day it has rain. Looks like weekend also. I dont mind mowing in the rain, but I have a few with some hills and I pretty much slide on them. I guess I'll put chains on my Tank and go :p I'm really sick of this rain. Makes everyone :dizzy:

Toy2
05-25-2005, 10:20 AM
We are 5" behind....this is crazy, some lawns look like crap, before and after mowing.....my few customers that actually pay water bills are a different story....send it down here.....(Rain)

LwnmwrMan22
05-25-2005, 10:43 AM
I was so far behind I'm back on schedule again.

Only problem now is each lawn has 10-16 days worth of growth.

Sucks mowing 5-6 acre commercial properties that long.

Only way to do it, mow down and back on the same line, let all the grass dry out, then raise the deck up 1" and mow over the top again. You'll chop up all the grass you cut earlier in the day.

I was at a Wal-Mart yesterday for 11 hours, mowing and spray and still have about 1/4 of the property left.

Guess what... it's raining. :D

tjgray
05-25-2005, 11:20 AM
The weather report says scattered showers all week....so that means somewhere and sometime it is going to rain :laugh:

Here in the Metroplex you just never know.....sunny and beautiful outside my window right now.