PDA

View Full Version : Begging again: Field test for new ride-on aerator in Orlando area??

turfmagazine
05-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Jim @ Turf Magazine again.

I have a bunch of you in a file ready for a manufacturer who wants a "field test" report.

Right now I need someone in the Orlando area to field test Turfco's new ride-on aerator. Very cool.

A had a couple of guys in the Orlando area, neither do these kind of work.

Any takers?????

twindiddy
05-23-2005, 04:04 PM
What are the details? We might be interested.

turfmagazine
05-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi,

It goes like this:

Turfco TurnAer 26 Chariot ... aerator

http://www.turfcodirect.com/turfcodirect/index.html

will show you exactly what it is. But they need a contractor in the Orlando area (because they are primarily factoy direct ... and they have a couple units there now).

Basically ... they get the unit in your hands for a week or two ... you use it on your normal jobs and give me a brief report (and hopefully a few pictures) of it in use. You tell us what you did with it and how it performed. We pay you, not Turfco.

Whatcha think?

Jim Kendrick
President/Publisher
TURF Magazine

TClawn
05-23-2005, 06:06 PM
people aerate this late in the year on the mainland? I would think that most of them would be done by now, and pick up with it again in the fall. I already did all my aerating 1 month ago.

Grass Masters
05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Turf mag I sent you a PM

GreenUtah
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Jim,
Add me to your list of the semi helpful in the West. I can round up volunteer properties for municipal field tests with a large variety of conditions, sizes & types in the Intermountain area. Love TurfWest, but you guys always seem to skip Utah! lol..But good to see Wayne's article in there this last time.

twindiddy
05-23-2005, 10:11 PM
sounds good. what kind of time frame are we talking?

SCAG POWER
05-23-2005, 10:51 PM
People are to cheap to aerate in Orlando, Massey services has tried doing this when they sign up new clients.

Loan it too some scrub that mowes in Sabal Point@ 10.00 dollars an yard.They can throw in their trunk along with the mower and the rest of the stuff hangs out of the back windows.

Precision
05-24-2005, 08:29 AM
It isn't something I offer because no one seems to even know what it is. But I do have a few cutstomers who would benefit from it, so I could give it a little work out. Probably 5 - 7 lawns. I don't know if that is enough to make it worth the while.

Let me know. And add me to your list of people who will test drive your demo stuff and give you a report.

ProMo
05-24-2005, 09:13 AM
, Massey services has tried doing this when they sign up new clients.

Massey is the only company I have ever seen aerating in the orlando area

Precision
05-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Massey, Tru Green, and a couple of the larger squirt and fert companies offer it (if you call bashing people over the head 4 times a year offering). There are very few takers because people here don't think our soil can compact. And lots of cheapo's too.