PDA

View Full Version : Possible tendonitis or stress fracture

snap12.5
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
i was doing a lot of work this weekend and may have gotten a stress fracture in my arm, or maybe tendonitis. it looks like it may be a while before it is smooth sailing again.

has any solo operators ever been in this situation and what did u do???
how long did it take to get back up and running???

marko
05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Where does it hurt? I just got back into the business after 4+ years behind a desk. It has been an azz kicker and had numerous pains that seem to be deminishing as I get back into shape. My first job was a 2 ton lava rock install. Talk about dying!

Tonyr
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
yep, hurt my left shoulder 2 weeks ago....tendon damage...got phsio, now I have to do stretches and deep tendon massage which really kills, plus add ligament goo....plus pain killers!

It really hurts, not so bad on the mower, but after trimming it gets aggrevated again and wow, what pain! really deep, whole bone hurts down to hand....alcohol helps lol.

I've had muscle strains etc through sport in my younger days, while that hurt, this tendon thing is madening!

Let me know if you find a solution....dunno how long it takes....and with our winter just about here it will really ache.....

good luck with it! :)

snap12.5
05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
i was able to work today through the pain. i just wrapped my wrist and lower arm with tape and then put a brace on to keep everyting tight. icing it a few times has also helped. i will wait a few days before i get an x-ray. hopefully its nothing serious.