PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Use Tools

foggyjr5
05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Does anyone use a multi-use tool or do you all have seperate tools for different uses. I was thinking about getting one that could be an edger, hedge clipper, trimmer, and other things all in one. I was looking for one that wouldnt cost me an arm and a leg to get.

elamey
05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
IMHO, i'd rather have seperate tools. I think the multi tool is great for the home owner. But when i'm bustin' some hump to get lawns done, I just like to grab the next tool and go. I'm not sure how much extra time it would take to disconnect and connect all the different tools.....

extoro
05-23-2005, 03:26 PM
While the split-boom units are nice, there is one thing to consider, if the engine goes down on the power unit than you don't have any tools

BCSteel
05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
On tools that you use a lot like string trimmers and possably edgers, I'd say get a separate tool for those. But I like the multi tool as a back up string trimmer, edger (I only blade edge 1x/year), atriculating pole trimmers and pole chain saw. I dont use those very often but when I do need them its nice to have them handy with out costing lots of dollars.

Mowerboy04
05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
i had a cheap one given to me i think its from home depo but its a pice of junk i would stay with seprate tools. thats my 2 cents
don't mind my spelling

Itsgottobegreen
05-23-2005, 11:59 PM
I got a split shaft. I needed a power broom and thats the only way echo makes one. I like it. A tiny bit heavier than a regular trimmer.