PDA

View Full Version : slicey really needs a trimmer also

slicey
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
slicey here again, some here already know about my quest for a blower. i have to get one more item before i can leave the power cord at home. same as before, only i need a trimmer for lite duty(1.5 hours/week max use) i get people who need lite brush, as high as 40 inches so far, cut. i've a trimmer/mower that can go to town on that stuff. that's why the trimmer work is light duty plus i do only 1 or 2 homes per week. i really like the ryobi SS30 at home depot. but my big concern is, even for my casual needs, will this unit still become a little stubborn getting started when it's needed? if you think it will, could you please suggest some home/light commercial-duty rated trimmers that aren't going to cost more than 250ish, if possible. i did read 1.5 years' worth of posts about people who own low-end home rated trimmers that became fussy to start easy and keep runnnig properly in a short period of time. what i don't know is, if they where placing commercial-use demands on these units or not. any help or insight is greatly appreciated. slicey

slicey
05-23-2005, 06:45 PM
come on guys, there has to be a trimmer out there that meets my needs. if perhaps, yes but not for as little as you want to pay, unless you find one used, you could tell me. i can take it. even that would help some. you've already been helpfull before. thank you,
slicey

pagefault
05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79674&item=4381699699&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79674&item=4382271354&rd=1

procut
05-23-2005, 06:59 PM
I have a Stihl fs-55. It was $199.99. It gets LOTS of use, like probably as much as 10 hours a week. It has plently on power and the head always advances pretty good and goes a long time between replacing the twine.

South Florida Lawns
05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Thats a great place to start, you are in the homeowner class for that price but they still are great tools. Why don't u just get a used commercial trimmer and save money there? Thats what i would do. A good trimmer will start by the second pull even if you use it once a week.

LightningLawns
05-23-2005, 08:18 PM
buy an echo from home depot you can get a commercial grade trimmer for around 250

Tider6972
05-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Yep, the Echo srm200 is $200, but buy it from a commercial mower dealer, you'll be off to a good start.

slicey
05-24-2005, 12:48 AM
thank you everyone! that's what i needed. is ebay and my local classifieds my only places to shop for used gear?
Tider6972, ehy do you say to buy from a commercial dealer? they don't give you coffee and a donut, then hug you when you walk through the door, do they? seriously though, is it because i'll get faster service if i do have problems from someone right there at the counter who could easily tell what the problem is and help get me out working quickly? 'cause that sounds logical.

slicey
05-24-2005, 12:52 AM
just wondering, does anyone from the southwest united states post at these forums? all i read about are guys talking about cutting grass w/ riding mowers.