PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my trucks- Cummins Turbo Diesel and PowerWagon on 36's

FrankenScagMachines
05-24-2005, 01:29 AM
"QuickSilver" aka "The Silver Squid" = '94 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 186,000 miles, straight pipe and 5" chrome tip. No mods otherwise. Sony Xplod MP3 CD player w/remote, MTX275 amp, 2 10" Sony Xplod Subs provide ample sound quality and back massages throughout the workday. Automatic Overdrive tranny, 3.50 gears, 2wd. This is the daily work truck. Has cloth seats and floor, cruise control and a/c, thats the only options on it.

FrankenScagMachines
05-24-2005, 01:35 AM
And here's "Olly"- named so by my uncle for its olive drab color. Yes its a retired US Army truck. They took stripped down W200 Power Wagon work trucks and put 1 1/4 ton springs under it. They all came with 318 V8's, but this one has had a 360 swapped in and a 4 bbl Edelbrock 650 carb added. Torqeflite 727 automatic transmission rows the gears to push a NP203 full time 4wd transfer case, pumpin raw power to the Dana 60 and 70 axles packed with 4.10 gears, which turn the 36.5" tires :D :cool2:
She's got manual steering also, another convenience item added from Uncle Sam's specs :rolleyes: I've got the pump and gearbox to make it power steering. Also am going to lift it a couple inches to even things out a little. Just got the tires on it yesterday. We had to trim the front fenders out a bit...

Has a 7.5' Meyer plow with E47 pump.. I added the plow of course :p

Eddie B
05-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Olly needs a raise!

FrankenScagMachines
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I know! All we did was slap them on, trim front and rear of the front fenders and weld up the insides of the fenders... Barely rubs only turning right (needs new springs on front driver side, this is why I beleive, and I do have springs just no time :( ) I drove the front passenger tire up on a rock that sits probably 2' high, she flexes pretty good with no lift! Yeah they rubbed then LOL.

I'm gonna do about 2-4" lift this summer... MAYBE 6" (like 4" susp. and 2" body lift)

lawncare3
05-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Looks good I will call u sometime.

kc2006
05-25-2005, 02:01 PM
You might want to watch with the body lift on the old truck. Alot of times the mounts are junk and then you have to do all the BS of cutting into the floor board to get to the cage nuts and put new ones in. I'd stick with all suspension lift.

The dodge looks good, even though its a dodge :D There any cheap mods for dodges like with the fords? I know with fords theres the "10K" mod, you put a 10k resistor in line of the injection control pressure sensor and it add's something like 30hp and 80ft lbs torque, costs a buck to do.

FrankenScagMachines
05-26-2005, 08:23 AM
good points kc, about the bod lift.

don't bother Chris, i'll be gone Fri-Mon. and after i get back i plan to sleep the rest of the day....

got a little muddy today then decided to stretch our muscles. Actually I had it stuck on a rock bridge abutment before this pic. I did get pics of that but you can't see much because of all the tall weeds. Let me put it this way- 2 wheels were completely off the ground, even with it locked in she wouldn't budge. The other 2 tires were jammed into their fenders. She's beggin for a lift but surprises me how much it handles as it sits.

FrankenScagMachines
05-26-2005, 08:27 AM

FrankenScagMachines
05-26-2005, 08:39 AM
........................................................................ :cool2: :p :D :D

kc2006
05-26-2005, 09:46 AM
It looks like she has pretty good articulation aready. It is suprising how far you can go with a set of fair sized tires. A friend had a older chevy with 31x10.5 half bald tires and we barried it to the point that water was in the bed, but still got out. We then put a 6" lift and 35x16 bogger tires on it and it wasn't fun anymore, those would go threw anything even in 2wd so the fun wasn't there.

put some 4" blocks in the rear and new leafs up front or even block the front and your set.

FrankenScagMachines
05-26-2005, 01:17 PM
KC,
You and your friend just need to find a deeper mud hole :D

You gotta get it to the point where you really do get stuck even with 35's on 6" lift, so that you can call me to rip you out! LOL...
This one has full time 4x4, so its hard to get it to spin really LOL... even driving through a little mudhole then romping it in the middle, has plenty of power, just hard to break 'em loose LOL.

This morning I hauled 5,000 lbs of #8 driveway gravel in 'er to a jobsite. Handled it like a champ! Great truck. Love it....

Thanks.
Eric

proenterprises
05-26-2005, 03:11 PM
KC,
You and your friend just need to find a deeper mud hole :D

You gotta get it to the point where you really do get stuck even with 35's on 6" lift, so that you can call me to rip you out! LOL...
This one has full time 4x4, so its hard to get it to spin really LOL... even driving through a little mudhole then romping it in the middle, has plenty of power, just hard to break 'em loose LOL.

This morning I hauled 5,000 lbs of #8 driveway gravel in 'er to a jobsite. Handled it like a champ! Great truck. Love it....

Thanks.

Eric

eric, great to see you back. i sent you a pm.

kc2006
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Theres a local "truck night" and the one mud hole is 4 or 5 foot deep, we went threw it no problem and theres a 8-10 foot hill to get out of it. There were guys that couldn't do it with 44's but the boggers kicked butt.

I sent you a pm too by the way Eric.