PDA

View Full Version : Planting Evergreens

hayesandsons
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
What do you think is a good price for planting a 6 foot evergreen tree.
what do you think is a good price for removing evergreen bushes that are 4 feet high/

Grass Masters
05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
What is your Hourly Rate

tree should not take more than 20 or 30 mins to Plant even if the ground is Hard

Can you get a whinch or chain around the shrubs and pull them up??

If so no labor harldy pulling them up and time would be the determing factor

hayesandsons
05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
What is your Hourly Rate

tree should not take more than 20 or 30 mins to Plant even if the ground is Hard

Can you get a whinch or chain around the shrubs and pull them up??

If so no labor harldy pulling them up and time would be the determing factor
I charge 75 dollars a crew which is a crew of 3.
what do you think about digging around them and then cutting the roots and maybe trying to replant them somewhere else?

gqnine44
05-29-2005, 11:29 PM
I would charge 50-75 bucks to plant the tree depending on how much profit I am making on the sale of the tree and 45 per bush to pull them out and dispose of them. If they have been there more than a year or two I wouldnt waste your time trying to replant them especially this time of year.

bigrig1
06-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Keep labor and materials separate. Regardless of what type of tree and how many men, you should quote labor by estimating your hourly charge (how long it would take one guy to do any type of job). Most guys have an X amount an hour they need to make to keep their business running in the black. I have a cousin that always doubles the size of the tree cost which I don't agree with. There is always several things to keep in mind. Traveling to pick up a tree. delivering it to the hole, digging the hole & finishing the job. If you quote estimating how many hours it will take you, you'll make $ (as long as you estimated time is right). This works if you have three men or one because three men will do the job in a 1/3 of the time. So I think it's safer to always figure man hours.

bigrig1
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Also two more things concerning my last post. Always add a fudge factor into your bid pricing. Example if you add 10-15% this may cover unforeseen things like your shovel broke or you had to wait extra long at the nursery to get the tree loaded etc.

Also If you sold the tree at wholesale to the customer, you still made $ using a man hour system. If you bought wholesale and sold it retail that's gravy.