PDA

View Full Version : My Pics

S man
05-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi I'm new and cut some lawns and have a service in my neighborhood. Here's my equipment and some lawns.

[img=http://img228.echo.cx/img228/6842/img01958ur.th.jpg] (http://img228.echo.cx/my.php?image=img01958ur.jpg)

[img=http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1995/img01988du.th.jpg] (http://img228.echo.cx/my.php?image=img01988du.jpg)

[img=http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5369/img02029ol.th.jpg] (http://img228.echo.cx/my.php?image=img02029ol.jpg)

Bret's Lawn Care
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
your 16? why do you still pull a wagon around?

Toy2
05-25-2005, 08:27 PM
What do you pull that trailer with?LOL....nice stuff.... :)

S man
05-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah I pull my wagon around until I get my licence. I usally use the snapper my redmax and the poulan red blower. I'm looking forward to getting a redmax eb7001.

jimslawns
05-25-2005, 08:33 PM
If he were 16 do you really think he would be pulling a cart? :dizzy:

S man
05-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah until I can drive. I hate walking every where though.

Bret's Lawn Care
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
how much do you gross a week?

Bret's Lawn Care
05-25-2005, 09:13 PM
check out my rig under Thread "equipment"

mkwl
05-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Wagon... VERY unprofessional, especially since you're 16 years old. Jeez, I'm only 14 and I have a 5x10 trailer. Equipment looks pretty good though.

slapshotmike24
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey MKWL, Having a nice trailer is great, but you still need to have something to pull it around with. So MKWL how do you get your trailer around?? I started driving the mower around the neighborhood when I started. Sometimes, thats your only option.

slapshotmike24
05-25-2005, 10:23 PM
To: Bret's Lawn Care, I was wondering about your age?? Your profile says your 16 but August of 1989 would put you at 15. I was just wondering. What's the driving age in your area?? I thought I remember seeing it was 15 or something like that. ??? ;)

Petr51488
05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Sick Wagon.... lol How far do you travel to your places?

Eddie B
05-26-2005, 06:35 AM
I used to pull a red wagon around with my equipment on it, then upgraded to the Snapper rear rider, made a custom hitch and pulled the wagon with it. One day I was pretty far from home and the muffler fell off of the snapper. It was a noisy and rough ride home! Backfirin' was a Bi#ch! Thats back before I owned a "professional business", as you folks call it.

IMoLwnz.com
05-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I cant see the pics but dont knock the wagon thing... I started when I was 10!! YES 10 and built up 28 lawns in ONE subdivision and the lawns are 7 - 15K Sq. The Cart I used was in the family since my Great grand father and was made from an old modle T rear... I worked great and was CHEEP no truck needed. I used that up till LAST YEAR to do those lawns. Mybe the rig didnt look profesional but if you do a great job that is profesional. This year is my second year full time and here is my rig now. I still need to get it lettered
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122213/2778765/98066294.jpg http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122213/2778765/98066300.jpg

It takes time and $$$ to build up Ive been mowing for 19 years and now Im full time and just got my profesional rig... Last year was a Bronco and an open trailer.

Bret's Lawn Care
05-26-2005, 05:13 PM
the driving age is 16 but i hired a kid who is 16 and i'm 15 and we cut lik 52 a week now.

mkwl
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey MKWL, Having a nice trailer is great, but you still need to have something to pull it around with. So MKWL how do you get your trailer around?? I started driving the mower around the neighborhood when I started. Sometimes, thats your only option.

I pull it with either our Jeep Wrangler, Chevy 2500 suburban, or my grandpa's Chevy 2500 Pick Up. My grandpa drives my around from job to job.

S man
05-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Why is a wagon unprofessional? It's the only thing I have right now to get around my neighborhood. I should be able to drive this summer. Then I have to make a big purchase on my wheels. A wagon is better then pushing your mower and holding a weeder and trying to balance everything including gas cans and drinks and stuff. My wagon holds it all. Is my custom trimmer rack cool?

BigChaz
05-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Why is a wagon unprofessional? It's the only thing I have right now to get around my neighborhood. I should be able to drive this summer. Then I have to make a big purchase on my wheels. A wagon is better then pushing your mower and holding a weeder and trying to balance everything including gas cans and drinks and stuff. My wagon holds it all. Is my custom trimmer rack cool?

Hey man im lovin the trimmer rack. Never had a wagon, but I do remember the days of pushing my mower around. But dont worry, if you save a bit up, you can easily get a cheap pickup to haul the stuff around.

smitdavi
05-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I can remember driving my dad's snapper, pulling behind me the push mower and trying to balance the trimmer and broom on my lap while going across town to mow yards when I was younger. Man.....seems like a long time ago. We've all got to start somewhere, and if a wagon works, great more power to ya! Good luck with the wheels, though.

David

1BadHawk
05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Dont sweat the wagon thing man.
I think its prety ingenious. A young man like yourself taking on the responisbility of providing a service and trying to run a business.

Congrats man. Keep up the dedication and youll do well.

TClawn
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
yo snappy,

I know you've matured a lot since that "incident" on the other site, but let's not push it here huh?

that said, I would use a wagon if I had to, but right now my dad will drive me around on the weekends and drop me off at a place to do a couple of lawns. I'm thinking of buying a truck and letting him use it until I get my license as long as he pays insurance and gas. maybe you could do the same?

chris/TCLL

Itsgottobegreen
05-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey aleast you had a wagon. I had to carry my stuff. I used to strap the tanka trimmer on my 21" snapper and hang my dad's echo PB400E on my back. Then walk to each job, for my first 3 months. Then got my 48" bunton bullet, I was still walking to job to job, but the trimmer and blower could sit on the machine. Until I got my standers. Then I cruised from job to job. Then got my truck and trailer. You will get there, just give it sometime.

Funny part is I still used that PB-400E that I started with every day. Its still kicking at 13 years old. It just won't die.

S man
05-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah I can drive next year and am getting my permit this year. I'm thinking about that truck idea.

jon's lawn services
06-13-2005, 01:40 PM
hes 15, not 16, and he acts like he works cutting grass all day, i didnt have a hour without a job this weekend and ive got 4 to do today

slapshotmike24
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
:jon's lawn care: Why are you acting like you've been in the business for years even though your younger than he is. Your only 14. Maybe he does have all those lawns and works every minute he can. Not everyone does that, but maybe he does. Maybe you should not worry some much about work and have a little fun once in a while.

Howard Roark
06-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I say hook the wagon up to a go-kart. :cool:

S man
06-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah until the cops see. I have 10 lawns and growing right now.

RedWolf
06-13-2005, 10:33 PM
love the wagon.I wish i had that when i started.If you keep doing good work and have good prices people will love you.hell i have a truck now but its a old 76 chevy that needs body work and a paint job.if i had time i would do it but im so busy i dont have the time.

ALarsh
06-13-2005, 10:45 PM
I cant see the pics but dont knock the wagon thing... I started when I was 10!! YES 10 and built up 28 lawns in ONE subdivision and the lawns are 7 - 15K Sq. The Cart I used was in the family since my Great grand father and was made from an old modle T rear... I worked great and was CHEEP no truck needed. I used that up till LAST YEAR to do those lawns. Mybe the rig didnt look profesional but if you do a great job that is profesional. This year is my second year full time and here is my rig now. I still need to get it lettered
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122213/2778765/98066294.jpg http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122213/2778765/98066300.jpg

It takes time and $$$ to build up Ive been mowing for 19 years and now Im full time and just got my profesional rig... Last year was a Bronco and an open trailer.

You pulled a wagon around when you were 27? :laugh: Nice step up but I hope it doesn't get repo'ed in the next few months.

iluvscag
06-13-2005, 11:17 PM
He's not 16 he's 14. He's a troublemaker on a another forum I'm on. SnapperScott just stay away.

GreenGrassEarnsCash
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey i have that same green weedeater blower! works great! super light! Im thinking about getting the homelite backpack blower tho when this one dies. its gettin a little hard to start.

Psych-O
06-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Don't let people bother you! Everyone starts out with what they have, or can afford. I've noticed alot of these guys not only have the "Best Equipment", but they also ride "HIGH HORSES"! LOL... You keep on doing your thing and don't forget where YOU started from and everything will work out for you.
Buy the way, I live down the block from you! The first time I saw you with your wagon and equip.., I had alot of respect for you! You know what I do full time and I see alot of teens your age into so much trouble. I say you're on the right track to success. payup :cool2: Proud of you neighbor!! :waving:

South Florida Lawns
06-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Thats how I started out a few years back in my own neighborhood and If you enjoy the work you can easily expand your business.

IMoLwnz.com
06-19-2005, 06:41 AM
You pulled a wagon around when you were 27? :laugh: Nice step up but I hope it doesn't get repo'ed in the next few months.

This site really has its negative people....

seems to be more bashing then helping....
I dont visit very often and thats why!

S man
06-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Iluvscag actually is a trouble maker from annother place and is a pain if he doesn't like you. He will get you in trouble if you listen to his crap.

new-man
06-22-2005, 06:16 PM
i drive a dynamark tractor and pull a 3*4 trailer with a craftsman mower,a ryobi trimmer(wont die) and craftsman blower

works great for what i am doing!!

S man
06-22-2005, 06:53 PM
dynamark is made by murray. Good luck to you.

DownSouth
06-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Wagon... VERY unprofessional, especially since you're 16 years old. Jeez, I'm only 14 and I have a 5x10 trailer. Equipment looks pretty good though.

you sound pretty stuck up, maybe some people dont have as much money as you? ever thought about that? maybe some people dont have anyone to drive them around everywhere since they cant drive, wagons better than anything else since he cant drive

ScottlandYards
07-01-2005, 10:36 AM
get rid of the wagon asap, very unprofessional, even if u cant drive, and the lawns look pretty well cut, doesnt look like the mowers stripe to well but the lines look pretty wavy, but overall pretty nice

yz250fpilot
07-01-2005, 11:04 AM
All the negative comments seem to be coming from young kids. Don't even listen to them. Their comments are driven by envy and jealousy :nono: . 15 years old and 10 lawns sounds pretty productive to me! payup I think that is fantastic that you are showing ambition at your age. Most kids nowadays just sit around in front of the computer and play games! My neighbor can't even get his 14 and 11 year old kids to mow their own lawn! Good luck with your endeavor!

yz250fpilot
07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
get rid of the wagon asap, very unprofessional, even if u cant drive, and the lawns look pretty well cut, doesnt look like the mowers stripe to well but the lines look pretty wavy, but overall pretty nice

Here's a recent post by the ScottlandYards:

"Im a newcomer into the business, right now we are giving just rough estimate prices, what price do u give per square yard or should we do it off of man hours advice appreciated,

Scotland Yards"

Sounds like my man with the wagon, the mowers that don't stripe well, and the customers with wavy lawns has oh.....about 10 more lawns than you do right now if you're just starting to give estimates.

I don't think I would bash him about his mode of hauling or his cutting job, because obviously he is doing something right if he has customers.

IMoLwnz.com
07-01-2005, 12:50 PM
All the negative comments seem to be coming from young kids. Don't even listen to them. Their comments are driven by envy and jealousy :nono: . 15 years old and 10 lawns sounds pretty productive to me! payup I think that is fantastic that you are showing ambition at your age. Most kids nowadays just sit around in front of the computer and play games! My neighbor can't even get his 14 and 11 year old kids to mow their own lawn! Good luck with your endeavor!

Very Very true!!! Dont listen to the negativity!!!!!! this site is FULL!!! if it!!!

RedWingsDet
07-01-2005, 09:10 PM
thats not a bad setup at all!!! Better then what I started out with. Just keep on going and before you know it you will be driving a caddillac at age 22 when all of your freinds are just getting out of college in their 92 cavilear. More power to ya, keep on truckin'!

S man
07-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Well I'm happy with the wagon right now and am getting my truck snapper rider and redmax eb7001 at the end of the season. Then I can really get this thing going. :D

S man
03-19-2006, 10:15 PM
hes 15, not 16, and he acts like he works cutting grass all day, i didnt have a hour without a job this weekend and ive got 4 to do today

Good for you.

mulcahy mowing
03-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Dont listen to them it's cool work with you got and thats what your doing! most customers dont care how great your setup looks.as long as you cut the lawn. guys calm down so he hasn't spent alot on equipment, all his cash is in the bankpayup all yours is out back in your shed..:rolleyes:

S man
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Dont listen to them it's cool work with you got and thats what your doing! most customers dont care how great your setup looks.as long as you cut the lawn. guys calm down so he hasn't spent alot on equipment, all his cash is in the bankpayup all yours is out back in your shed..:rolleyes:

Thanks man. My work does reflect different from the stuff I have. I have the wagon and money building up while I'm using a 21" snapper that cuts fine and can stripe somewhat. I'm suprised how my customers like me over the big guys with trailers and ztrs. I guess I'm in the neighborhood and am dependable. This year I'm getting a quick 36 which would really help my biz. Then I need to figure how to use the wagon while I drive the quick down the street. I could have a truck right now but I'm waiting with the high insurance premiums and I need experience to drive on my own. I'm just not pushing it but will have a truck very soon. I guess I'm keeping low overhead while still making enough to get some big toys soon. J, how do you get around?

mulcahy mowing
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
i'm only (15 in a few days) and was thinking i walk from my house to some of my lawns now i was going to come up with some kind of mount for a blower and a trimmer on the deck. may look weird but would save alot of trouble. that way all i would have to take is the 36"eXmark and all the equipment is taken care of. Just a thought i think i have seen somthing like this on this site if i find it i'll post a link.:weightlifter:

ALarsh
03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I could have a truck right now but I'm waiting with the high insurance premiums and I need experience to drive on my own. I'm just not pushing it but will have a truck very soon. I guess I'm keeping low overhead while still making enough to get some big toys soon.

Insurance doesn't drop until your 24 without accidents, I believe. Gotta suck up and pay them.:cry:

You can get a little wagon at Farm and Fleet for $150. Great for moving mulch around also. When I was under 16, I just hooked my wagon up to the JD and off I went.

Johnson
03-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Drive on, brother. With hard work, it doesn't take long to build up the fleet. Keep doing what your doing and stay focused on your goals.

Lynch Landscaping
03-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Good way to start off. Two years ago I had a Wagon but now I have a 32 Metro with Jungle Weels and put the 630 on the deck and the trimmer in between the handles and the gas tank. I still use the wagon for clean-ups and hedge trimming. Good luck this season. Wagons are the best!!!:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

Idealtim
03-24-2006, 05:40 PM
hey lynch what street are you on?

Idealtim
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Lynch, where are you in hamden?

freshprince94
06-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow Scott. You sure have come far from these days.

And to everyone who hates on S-Man, he didn't always have all the ZTRs.

S man
06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow Scott. You sure have come far from these days.

And to everyone who hates on S-Man, he didn't always have all the ZTRs.

Thanks man. The z I have now is great. I'm glad I have a mower I really like now.

Capemay Eagle
06-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Most of you guys have to remember these are kids. At least they are out working. We were all 15-16 once and did stupid stuff. Most of the kids in my neighborhood don't even come out of the house, Mommy and daddy paying for everything they have..

S man
06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh God this is getting crazy. Thanks prince for making some sense of my threads. I am an alright guy and work my A$$ off for everything I own and save. I finally have the equipment that is working great for me and am having a great year with my biz. Next year I'm going legit and will start doing other services besides mowing. Also my dad might team up with me full time and pick up 100 accounts or so. So things are looking really good.

S man
06-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey that's when I got my first commercial trimmer. Ah the redmax.

Petr51488
06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh God this is getting crazy. Thanks prince for making some sense of my threads. I am an alright guy and work my A$$ off for everything I own and save. I finally have the equipment that is working great for me and am having a great year with my biz. Next year I'm going legit and will start doing other services besides mowing. Also my dad might team up with me full time and pick up 100 accounts or so. So things are looking really good.

Do you know how hard it is to "pick up 100 accounts"? It doesn't happen overnight.

S man
06-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Do you know how hard it is to "pick up 100 accounts"? It doesn't happen overnight.

I know but I'm off to a good start with 40 accounts. I actually had five more last year. And I have some lco friends who could help me get more work.

RedMax Man
06-14-2008, 11:23 PM

Thats right, you gain some you lose some unless you dont care how much you do it for, where it is, who it is and what it involves. Its possible though over time. I'm defininty not close yet.

Petr51488
06-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Thats right, you gain some you lose some unless you dont care how much you do it for, where it is, who it is and what it involves. Its possible though over time. I'm defininty not close yet.

Ofcourse its possible over time. I have 82 right now and it took me a good 5 years to get there. It's not easy.. Like you said, you gain some you lose some. Word spreads quick if you do it right.