PDA

View Full Version : Source for Good Info.

1BadHawk
05-25-2005, 11:10 PM
How about some links to sites with good info on landscape lighting.

Perhaps, sources of reliable informoation on installation, types, tips, and supplies for necessary, tools, and equipment.

Ive been thinking about getting into landscape lighting installation, and would like to try it on my yard frist to see what all is involved but at this point I really dont know anything about it.

salopez
05-26-2005, 09:51 PM
If you need some help designing let me know. Working in the lighting industry for 5 years. Talk the guys over at Rexels they are good. low voltage lighting easy to put in. the only hard part is if you want to hard wire into the house.

SamIV
05-26-2005, 11:44 PM
A great source for low voltage lighting is lowvolt.org. Have not found anything that comes close. Not too much traffic there but even the old post's have good info. Hopefully one day this site will
will offer the same information.

SamIV

SamIV
05-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey salopez

If you have been in the industry for 5 years you must have found fixtures that you love and fixtures that you just don't like. Why do you like or dislike the product. Are you stuck on a certain brand. Your insight could be very helpful.

Thanks
Sam IV

salopez
05-27-2005, 07:49 PM
I am a big fan of Hinkley lighting, and some the new Hunter stuff is nice. Baldwin for line voltage stuff. There is lots out there, depends on the style you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Malibu and Paridise are good starter sets.

SamIV
05-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the reply salopez. I mainly install copper, brass, or bronze fixtures.
Last few installs have been with Cast lighting. Also use FX, a few SPJ fixtures, and some Vista sealed in-grounds occasionally. Here on the coast I can't install aluminum. Looks like the Hinkley is mainly aluminum. Don't do any line voltage.

By the way, when you run low voltage into a house, do you use conduit for the low voltage wiring. Some say NEC requires it and others say no.

Thanks,
SamIV

Frog Lights, LLC
05-30-2005, 01:50 PM
We are a sponsor of LawnSite. I am a manufacturer importer of landscape lighting. It would be my pleasure to help you in anyway that I could. We have an exciting line of products and offer special prices to members of LawnSite.com. 20 % off contractor wholesale, Free shipping except wire and transformers. MR 16 bulbs 2/$3.
We have solid brass, stainless steel, underwater lights, LED lights, and much more coming in. We have a lot of items that are new on the market. Come swim with the big frogs.

arosewag
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
How do we get the special pricing? I'd like to try out a fixture or two.

Frog Lights, LLC
06-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Give us a call 1 800 930-1670

cedarcroft
06-19-2005, 03:24 PM
HI, noobie here on the site. I like the idea of incorporating lighting into my planting and hardscape jobs. can you help with some design questions etc?

arosewag
06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Ask away cedarcroft

Frog Lights, LLC
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
It would be my pleasure ...give me a call.

cedarcroft
06-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I am doing a 125' long asphalt driveway with belgian block border and a walk/stoop, and planting bed with a stacked stone wall around it. I would like to incorporate some lighting for the walk and driveway and also illuminate the ornamentals we are planting. I know NOTHING about lighting and any type of products available. give me some ideas of where to go with this.
thanks

arosewag
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
do you have any photos?

cedarcroft
06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
not yet. I subbed out some big tree work to be done first and then I am doing the demolition and re-landscaping the whole place. Its a small property and the owners are young and like weeping birches and fountain grasses and things of that nature. they prefer a more contemporary look so I think some nice lighting would be cool. I will try and take some pics and post them here ASAP.

Frog Lights, LLC
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Give me a call or message and I can email or advise. LED lights are great with the pavers etc.

cedarcroft
06-21-2005, 10:32 PM
allright, I am cutting grass the next few days, but I will call saturday or monday.