PDA

View Full Version : Paver Installation Article

Markf
05-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Gentlemen,
Take a look at the latest issue of Fine Home Building (Tauton Press). There is an article on paver installation complete with circle patterns, etc. Please comment on the vailidity of the article. Do you agree or disagree with the installation process and why?
Mark

Markf
06-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Anybody get a chance to read it?

Rex Mann
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
I read the article. It was good. I did find it interesting, they did not use any screed pipes. The photos show the owner smoothing out the sand with a level or board. Maybe I missed something, but I did not see any pipes.

Seems every region of the country has a very subtle differences in installing pavers.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com (http://paversinstalled.com)

kris
06-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen the article so I can't comment on it.

Rex... when I started laying pavers years ago (early 80's)we never used pipes. Just the other day I check on a site and there are the guys fooling around with pipes for a very small landing off a set of steps .... tossed them aside and graded it by eye for them ... sometimes they are more trouble then they are worth ...

neversatisfiedj
06-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah sometimes for small jobs I will just use a trowel and eye it and level paver with torpedo and dead blow hammer.