PDA

View Full Version : my story

new-man
05-27-2005, 10:13 PM
well here is what i did
last year i bought a dynamark rider, and had a old trailer that i used. i used a craftsman push mower along with the rider.
i raked in over 2000 that first year. i also got 4 more push mowers and a bolens trimmer(worst purchase)
this year so far, i have made about 500 dollars. i have made a trimmer rack for my ryobi trimmer. this year i have also got a craftsman edger. pretty good for a 8th grader?

A+ Lawncare
05-27-2005, 10:16 PM
how many accounts ya got dude, do you work solo?

Eddie B
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
well here is what i did
last year i bought a dynamark rider, and had a old trailer that i used. i used a craftsman push mower along with the rider.
i raked in over 2000 that first year. i also got 4 more push mowers and a bolens trimmer(worst purchase)
this year so far, i have made about 500 dollars. i have made a trimmer rack for my ryobi trimmer. this year i have also got a craftsman edger. pretty good for a 8th grader?

why do you have 4 push mowers?

A+ Lawncare
05-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Bailey... u know better than to ask a question like that, when u operate craftsman mowers u need at least 3 backups always ready... #1 is the main then when that goes down in the next hr. #2 becomes main, so on....

Eddie B
05-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Bailey... u know better than to ask a question like that, when u operate craftsman mowers u need at least 3 backups always ready... #1 is the main then when that goes down in the next hr. #2 becomes main, so on....

hahahahaha

Newbie07
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey man i think your full of it, in your profile it says you should be turning 18 but you have 12 and you say your in eight grade??? yeah and last year as a seventh grader you bought a rider? OK that makes sense. And four mowers and then the trimmers. Like I said i think your full of it but hey...

daveintoledo
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
tryng to play grown up with crap equipment... :sleeping:

Newbie07
06-06-2005, 06:52 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: Holy crap dave, i think your full of crap. i'm beginning to think that the stick up your butt is giving you a constant headache, all you doo is go from post to post and give people crap. The kid is full of it but i like him better than you. Man you are just a hateful person. What is your problem. Everywhere i go you have crap posted. You think your so much better than everyone else. just shutup..... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

daveintoledo
06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
my problem is children thinking they are in business, only greif i give anybody is about being legit..... this industry is going down hill with lowballers and children who think they have a company.....

i admire and respect a kid with the get up and go to work.....
i live and work in a very small town, i have a kid mowing my neighbors yard for 10.00, its a 50 dollar yard.... kids with mowers in big citys arent competition ..... but in a small town its devistating to the market....

buy insurance, workers comp, license for state and county, and stop mowing for peanuts, and ill reconsider my position....

you dont like me , oh well i could give a rats behind, i have underware older then you....

im not here for you to like.... im here for the benifit of my business, and hopefully to help someone else along the way....

i have many post that are helpful and positive.....

GregoryGant
06-17-2005, 02:04 AM
whats wrong with a kid making ten bucks?

If he wants to undersell something and bust 50$ worth of his ass for ten bucks, let him.

I'll just go find another lawn.

new-man
07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
currently i am cutting about 9-10 lawns depending on a lot of variables
i screwed something up when i signed up so it says im 18
i do not have insurance,license,or pay taxes. but as soon as i am legally aloud to i will.
i actually have 4 pushers because i get lots for free from neighbors that know i cut lawns and find push mowers around their house.
so i guess that makes me a scrub,but i dont take others work because i understand that you have to make a living by your accounts-i only take accounts from homeowners that dont want to cut the grass.
btw-i am making about 1000 per month,not too bad for a 8th grader?
and the craftsman has never broke so bad that i have even looked into the cylinder

SellOut
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
i actually have 4 pushers because i get lots for free from neighbors that know i cut lawns and find push mowers around their house.

"Uhmmm.. What's that over there?"
"I'm not sure"
"A push mower? Hmm.. Where did that come from?"
"Don't know."
"Lets give it to the kid."

new-man
07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
well that is kind of how it goes, most people move away and when they clean out their garage they give me their push mowers that they wont need at their new house