PDA

View Full Version : What to look for in a bed edger.

1BadHawk
05-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I just picked up a new customer last week that is into bed edges. Seems like thats all she really cares about, as long as the beds have a nice crisp edge. She has about 350' of bed edgeing, and 7 trees with 4' dia mulch beds. Only two small beds in the front yard have an edge (which has not been maintained) the res of the beds have no edge whatsoever, nor do the trees.

Im going to rent a bed edge to do the job, at the same time im considering buying one. Ive never used one and was wondering what sort of options, or features are available on bed edger, and what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Itsgottobegreen
05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
I got a brown bed edger. Best $2310 I ever spent. Made it back on the first 3 jobs done with it. I like the brown since you can change out the rotors. So I can trench 1/2", 1", 1.5", 3", 4" and 6" wide trenches up to 9" deep. Also I can get a stump grinding rotor.

mole
05-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Just a quick question you pull the bed edger back wards correct?. I have never used one and am going to rent one next week. Just wondering how to use the thing. Way to many beds to dig by hand need to get this job done quick. Huge piece of property.

gqnine44
05-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Yes you pull it backward and I also like the Brown bed edger.

Markf
05-30-2005, 09:18 AM
We are in the process of demoing a Brown bed edger. It is no lie as to what they tell you it can do. I did approximately 500 ft of edging in about twenty minutes, maybe less. We accomplished 4 jobs of edging (this was cutting new edges not maintenance) in a ridiculous short period of time. We most likely will buy the machine.
Mark

Viseras lawn service
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
do you have to pick up what you cut off or do you make one pass...and its ready for mulch?

steve in Pa.
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
basically all you have to do is spread the pulverized dirt out and ready for mulch.

Mowman29
06-19-2005, 01:23 PM
We rented all the brands this year then we decided on the brown it got to be the best bed edger out there. bought a used rental from Nations Rent paid a 1/3 of a new one and it starts on the 1st pull. they even gave 50% back on what we rented it for before we bought it.