PDA

View Full Version : safe pigeon repellents??

BRANDMEL
05-29-2005, 06:38 PM
O.K. I know this is lawnsite, but this is for a commercial building whose turf I recently started to service.This is what the customer told me, "The fake owls don't work anymore, The electronic sound device never did work, a dog on the roof or a pellet gun is out of the question! I have used some high priced safe bird-away liquid products and instead of making the pigeons want to leave it invited more pigeons to stay!" The pigeons are not a problem on adjacent buildings, so why this particular one? Someone has got to have an idea or a cultural practice that that could be used on a commercial building. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

SodKing
05-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Fishing strong suspended at 6 to 9 inch intervals about 4-6 inches above the roof will keep birds from landing there. You can't see it from the ground but the birds see it and won't land there.

Or try Tabasco sauce...

BRANDMEL
05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Fishing strong suspended Was that fishing line?

SodKing
05-30-2005, 10:29 AM
yeah..I don't fish much...;)

BRANDMEL
05-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks sodking! I PM'ed you the other day did you read it?

SodKing
05-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes it was very interesting about the Potato Gluten. I have yet to try the corn gluten metod of weed control. I really don't have any calls for organic programs even though I advertise that I offer one.

out4now
05-31-2005, 11:20 AM
O.K. I know this is lawnsite, but this is for a commercial building whose turf I recently started to service.This is what the customer told me, "The fake owls don't work anymore, The electronic sound device never did work, a dog on the roof or a pellet gun is out of the question! I have used some high priced safe bird-away liquid products and instead of making the pigeons want to leave it invited more pigeons to stay!" The pigeons are not a problem on adjacent buildings, so why this particular one? Someone has got to have an idea or a cultural practice that that could be used on a commercial building. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
Call Bruce Donaho ( May not be the right spelling but that is what it sounds like) at BirdBGone. You may be able to use spikes. The guy knows more about birds than anyone I've ever talked to before. http://www.birdbgone.com/?source=overture

kthhayes
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
12 ga shotgun, cull the population. lol