PDA

View Full Version : Strange Customers

Landscape89
05-29-2005, 10:48 PM
I did a mowing job with my friend yesterday at my neighbors house. While he was mowing and I was trimming, I noticed the husband and the wife just stood there THE WHOLE TIME and stared us down- literally every step we took they would be watching. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?!

-SH

liquidforcedude7
05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes today actually. Just like that except I was by myself. I had a lady come out and yell t me because I wasnt supposed to "weed eat the weeds" as she put it apparently she was trying to grow some in this one part of her yard. Has anyone every had the owner come out and ask if they can help you or if their kid can help you?? That happend to me a few times. Its not like I look like I need help.

Itsgottobegreen
05-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I had one guy that watched me the whole time. But he also followed me around while I was mowing. From the front to the back. :realmad: Stay in the damn house. That was the first and last time I worked for him.

kilpatrickshrub&turf
05-30-2005, 02:39 PM
I wont work if children are around. Bring the kiddies in from the pool the fifteen minutes it takes to weedeat around it. No your kid cant help me, this part of your yard will remain uncut if kids dont go away.

If an adult has nothing better to do than to watch my equipment run then oh well... glad im entertaining to watch but dont bother me. Little extras and nit picky stuff will of course show up on the next invoice and be billed accordingly.

rodfather
05-30-2005, 03:40 PM
I've had it happen...I think it's cause people are amazed to see someone my age move as fast as I do...LOL

Jason Rose
05-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Yep, happens a lot... I actually have mom's put their kid's highchair by the front window so they can watch me! I ought to start charging a "child entertainment surcharge" eh bobby??? Had a mom and her 2 young kids sitting under a tree in the lawn next door on one last wednesday. Also Used to have an older couple that would open the garage and drag their lawn chairs to the front porch almost every week when I'd start mowing! My own grandmother will stand and watch me mow thru the curtians in the house in front then moving to the back if the weather is too cold to be outside for her.

liquidforcedude7
05-31-2005, 07:13 PM
That reminds me of a time where I ran out of gas at a yard and was waiting for my dad to run grab me some, and a lady asked if her son could play on my "tractor" as she called it. I let him sit on it after it cooled down a little. She even took a picture of him on it. It was pretty funny cause after I got mowing again he would follow me around and beat on the windows as I came by them. He was like 2.

vaham
05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
My labor rates ::::: $50.00/hr
If you watch::::::: $70.00/hr
If you help ::::::: $90.00/hr

blkberry
06-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I have one cotract that is for 27 houses. These are all group homes for ******ed adults. I have to constantly have the staff bring them inside. Oh and the staff can be bad as well. At one last week I hit a horse shoe from a lawn set. Put that mower in the shop! :angry:

nocutting
06-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I think some people just wanna figure it out so they can do it themselves, You Guys make it Look So Easy? :)

liquidforcedude7
06-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Had a new one today, after I finished I went up to collect my money and they lady refused to pay "because I didnt cut it" as she said. She kept telling me that if I dont cut it higher that she will drop me and find someone else. So today I decided to humor he and cut it 1 notch higher (the highest setting). After I mowed it she said that All I did was drive around over it and that I hadnt cut it. I ended up finding a place that I hadnt cut yet and came and showed it to her and she finally agreed with me and paid me. And from now on im cutting it where I had it origionaly (sp).

Dirty Water
06-04-2005, 06:40 PM
My labor rates ::::: $50.00/hr
If you watch::::::: $70.00/hr
If you help ::::::: $90.00/hr

Don't forget:

if you talk while helping ::::: $150/hr

sheshovel
06-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Heck I have a whole community whatches me when I'm landscaping in a manifactured home park,they see everything I do and I feel like I'm working in a fishbowl!!