PDA

View Full Version : aeration of lawns

Jungle Lawns
05-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey guys I'm wanting to get into lawn aeration but would like to know if there are people out there that are willing to pay for the service and how much should I charge for the Dallas area. Also were can I get a good aerator at a reasonable price?

thanks
TJ
JONES JUNGLE LAWNS
we tame your lawn

marko
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
I would think it would be hard to make it on just aerating as a lot of people will use their lawn guy to do it. Most are uneducated on the benefits and don't realize that it is probably the most beneficial thing you can do to their turf. There is a guy that only does that in San Diego, CA and he is huge, but I would think to start from scratch would be tough. If you are just starting out, try lining up several and renting one at first. You will find that you want a split tine or a cam driven to make it easier to handle. The standard bluebird that relies on the weight of the machine will beat you to death. PLUGR make an awesome machine.
http://www.lawnaerating.com/

Jungle Lawns
05-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the info I'm not going to do it alone I have my regular lawn customers just looking for some extra income. The idea of renting is something that I had'nt looked at but will now. I'll let you know how I do.

Premo Services
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Thank you for the info I'm not going to do it alone I have my regular lawn customers just looking for some extra income. The idea of renting is something that I had'nt looked at but will now. I'll let you know how I do.

Renting a core aerator is a good idea, but make sure it is not a :gunsfirin bluebird aerator. I rented one of those and all it did was bounce all over the ground, it worked my aZZ off. :nono: I rent a second core aerator from lesco. It works great too.

ajmctree
06-01-2005, 02:51 AM
In the spring we provide aerating and dethatching as a combined service .
We typically charge $60 to $100 for the aerating and from $150 to $400 for the dethatching .In our community 75% of the yards are about 5000 sq/ft range .
We have 2 Ryan lawnair 4's and 2 blue bird dethatchers .
We are very close to a free dump site for our materials .
Also pull a 14 foot hydraulic dump trailer with 4 foot sides so we can go almost the whole day with out dumping.
something to think about?

Aj

Rollacosta
06-01-2005, 05:54 AM
I tried this season to get into the lawn aerating and scarifying business ,so far i have had one inquiry. IMO its much much easier to sell a new lawn install than aerating etc most people are just ignorant about the benefits these services can bring to there lawn .The funny thing is i often get clients call about a new lawn ,they often say cant beleive the lawn has gone bad ,i'm thinking it's not surprising its like concrete :rolleyes:

Gators_Aerator
06-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Renting is a good way to try different equipment.

All I do is aerate. I too am just starting. The last two years I have been using a Bluebird 424. I have rented a larger Bluebird from HD.

Mostly friends and family, but also some local door hanging for the neighborhoods they live in. That way I can stay in one area for the day.

It is not my full time job, but extra income.