PDA

View Full Version : my new trailer!

RedWingsDet
05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Heres my new trailer. Im hoping to get it all lettered by this week or next. Its a 8x20. I love it. Now I can fit all my landscape tools (wet saw, powerwasher, etc) in it and wont have to make un-nessary trips back home to grab something incase I forgot it and whatnot. Plus now I can park in my garage cause its cleaned out!!! GIT R DUN!

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38017&stc=1
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38018&stc=1
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38019&stc=1

John P.
05-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Thats a nice trailer lets see inside it..............you could sure get er dun with that rig

fishinman22487
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Sweet truck Mark!!!! Did your parents help out to pay for that big ass trailer!?!?!?

LawnBoy89
05-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Awsome rig man! How is the truck? I'm thinking about getting a Chevy or GMC.

Green Pastures
05-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Spend the money man, get the inside hosed down with Line-X.

Aussie Topcat
05-31-2005, 04:25 AM
What sort of ball park figure would a trailor like that cost?

Down under guys pay from about $700.00 for a 6 by 4 ft, australian to an average $4000.00 to $5000.00 for a trailor a few even go higher... and get a tipper type trailor!

Petr51488
05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice Trailer.. I have the same one.. same color but its a 6x12.. That for me would be tooo big.. but nice trailer! - Peter

procut
05-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Looks sweet Mark. I really like the red truck/black trailer combination.

KathysLGC
05-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Dam thats like driving an 18 wheeler! Sure you don't need back-up sensors on that?

kc2006
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
I couldn't buy something like that, I'd have to unload it and load it every weekend because it would double as a car hauler.

Nice trailer though, someone must be makin big bucks, or just likes to spend it :D

RedWingsDet
05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
thanks guys. I like it...

About the truck, I love it, I just bought it last month. its a 01 with 36k miles. gotta plow with it too...

and no fishinman, I paid for it on my own, just like everything else in my life (car, insurance, gas, phone, clothes, etc) lol.

But yeah its a sweet trailer, I just have to get it lettered now. Ill get some inside pix for ya guys when I go to pick it up tomorrow (I just put it away). I cant store it in my garage, I rent a place out, plus I wouldnt want to store it at my house, I used to do that and I hated being reminded of work when ever I would look outside. And having my trailer somewhere else seperates work from home, Its nice.

ToroLandscaper
06-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Its says you only have one mower which is a 48" wb dont you think that thats a little over kill?? It is a awesome trailer though. And how much extra room do you have in there i dont see how you use all that space with only one mower......a little over kill seems to me......but i like it it looks awesome and spacious. And how is haulin somethin that big?

RedWingsDet
06-01-2005, 04:58 AM
Its says you only have one mower which is a 48" wb dont you think that thats a little over kill?? It is a awesome trailer though. And how much extra room do you have in there i dont see how you use all that space with only one mower......a little over kill seems to me......but i like it it looks awesome and spacious. And how is haulin somethin that big?

well about 75% of my work is landscape work, so now I can put all of my tools (wet saw, tons of shovels, work bench, wheel barrows in there and have room in my bed for mulch and what not.

with everything in it, theres really not that much extra room... and hauling it is fine. Its not as bad as people think, and backing it up is so easy!

GreenGrassEarnsCash
06-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Im looking at getting a new enclosed trailer. Is that the haulmark Transport DLX model. Im looking at a 6 by 14 haulmark transport dlx in black. How much did that cost you? Just wondering because i found a dealer in oklahoma who can get me a brand new 6 by 14 for 2700 bucks!

RedWingsDet
06-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Im looking at getting a new enclosed trailer. Is that the haulmark Transport DLX model. Im looking at a 6 by 14 haulmark transport dlx in black. How much did that cost you? Just wondering because i found a dealer in oklahoma who can get me a brand new 6 by 14 for 2700 bucks!

not sure if its the dlx model. but its the transport with the heavy duty ramp, 8ft interior, lights and all that good stuff... I paid 5600 with tax and plates

GreenGrassEarnsCash
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
dang thats a darn good deal. what a great purchase. Well good luck with all your business. I was wondering do you have any employees? I'm thinking about hiring someone next summer and i will be 17 and i didnt know how you go about hiring someone and what all i need to do (insurance, workmans comp, etc.)

GreenGrassEarnsCash
06-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Also how do you go about getting an LLC for your business?

climber
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Are there any finished pictures yet? And the inside with the equipment?

KathysLGC
06-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Also how do you go about getting an LLC for your business?
First you have to make sure you Co name is available, then well in CT you need to fill out one of these forms.
http://www.sots.state.ct.us/CommercialRecording/Forms/Ctllc/ORGANIZ.pdf
You'll need an employer ID number and a tax ID. I did mine on my own. The employer ID was free i think, the LLC was $60 and tax ID is $50.

RedWingsDet
06-02-2005, 12:06 AM
everything playboy is correct. and now I dont have employees, just helpers who do what I tell them to and wear the co. uniform. lol.. but legeally they're not employees until im 18.

to get the llc, if your not 18 is has to go in someone elses name. the llc is only $50 in mi and the tax id was like 24 or 50, I cant remember.... but get the llc yourself, dont pay someone to get it for you... Ive heard of people paying like $600 to get the llc, when all they had to do was fill out some papers and send em in, or take them personally. Then after you do that, wait a couple weeks and the junk mail starts to pile in.

kemmer
06-03-2005, 09:17 PM
y didnt you get a dump trailer, seems that would be more effective for loading and unloading materials and large equipment ie bobcat, tractor?
Im looking into one for my next purchase

RedWingsDet
06-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Thats my next purchase. I wanted an enclosed so I dont have to take my stuff off my trailer everynight. My next purchase will be a 350 with a dump bed, then a dump trailer.

AlbeLawn
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I think my white trailer is hot in the summer. That black one is going to be a oven. Might be able to cook lunch on it.

Looks good get the lettering done and if you can afford get the line-ex i wish i would of.

Newbie07
06-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow, man you are nuts, how the heck did all of that happen. and so fast at that. Is it true that you are only 16 and you have been in this for a year!!!! That is crazy. How did you grow so fast, afford all the equipment etc. i would be interested in talking to you. Email me at Texasaggietrav@AOL.com. You have an awesome set up too.

RedWingsDet
06-15-2005, 11:38 PM
thanks.... ya well im 17now, lol. But you ask how, and all I have to say is HARD WORK... yesterday and today I didnt leave the job site until AFTER ten pm. I keep getting more and more jobs each day, I just got another job, bid it at 12k and got it :)

but ya thanks, I dont really have to much time to talk lately because at the earlyiest I get home at 9:30 and then just go to bed, but one of these days when I have some extra time ill email ya.

grassmanvt
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
nice setup. congrats on the success. Probably a little overkill but if you can afford it, its better to overkill now than have to trade it in six months to upgrade, especially at the rate your growing.

RedWingsDet
06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks... I only have room maybe for one more mower. Its almost all filled up.. my work bench, 2 wheel barrows, mower, pressure washer, and a bunch of other stuff. Im glad I got the 20footer. Now when I go to my jobs I can take EVERYTHING with me... This past 2 weeks ive installed a pond, and a huge retaining wall and like today while I was just planting some arborvites behind the wall, someone down the street wanted their hedges trimmer real quick before the graduation party. Nonetheless sense I had all of my equipment with me I was able to bust it out and still be home before 8pm. now If I had my open trailer, I would have had to go back home and grab everything then come back. So ya I love it... Next is a dump trailer!

kootoomootoo
06-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks... I only have room maybe for one more mower. Its almost all filled up.. my work bench, 2 wheel barrows, mower, pressure washer, and a bunch of other stuff. Im glad I got the 20footer. Now when I go to my jobs I can take EVERYTHING with me... This past 2 weeks ive installed a pond, and a huge retaining wall and like today while I was just planting some arborvites behind the wall, someone down the street wanted their hedges trimmer real quick before the graduation party. Nonetheless sense I had all of my equipment with me I was able to bust it out and still be home before 8pm. now If I had my open trailer, I would have had to go back home and grab everything then come back. So ya I love it... Next is a dump trailer!

Love this guy.....need a reality show that follows you around for 6 months.
Gotta start posting some pics of these jobs.

RedWingsDet
06-17-2005, 12:03 AM
will do.. if im in the neighborhood of the alanblock job i did this week ill get some pix. along with the pond install. ive posted a few pix of the other jobs, atleast I think i have, ive been jsut so busy by the time i get home im to tired to hook up my cam, or i forget my cam at home.

stumper1620
06-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Mark,
where did you finally decide to get the trailer from? is it a Millbrook?

tinman
06-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Nice rig... Do you need a CDL to pull it? :) It's big but I'm sure you will fill it up in no time tho.

RedWingsDet
06-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Mark,
where did you finally decide to get the trailer from? is it a Millbrook?

nope, I got it at a place in monroe called usa trailers