PDA

View Full Version : Replaceing a wheel on mag 9000

Shady Brook
05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I have a mag-9000 that needs to have the blade rotated or replaced. The instructions say use the spanner and turn it clockwise. This seems imposible without someway to imobilize the wheel to keep it from turning while you torque the spanner. Tell me what I am missing! I lodged something under the blade and tried to torque it, but the wheel still spins. I am very frustrated.

Thanks for your help.
Jay Martz

Magna-Matic
05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Hello Jay,

You're on the right track. Use a small block of wood to, "block" the wheel from moving. Next use the supplied spanner wrench, and then take a small plastic mallet, and tap the end of the wrench. (CLOCKWISE to LOOSEN). It is much easier to tap the end of the wrench and break the lock of the threads vs. leaning into the wrench with force. Just be sure you are giong CLOCKWISE - many people treat the arbor nut as a standard right thread, and end up tightening the nut even more.

The arbor nut is on a left handed thread for safety - so that everytime the machine is turned on it tightens the wheel.

Please call 800-328-1110 if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Shady Brook
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Thank you, the mallot did the trick!

Magna-Matic
06-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Hello,

Very good, sometimes a light jarring or shock is the best way to loosen or break a taper.

Thank you,