PDA

View Full Version : tecumseh engine block needed?

greensx3
05-31-2005, 12:16 AM
My 5hp 10 yr old Tecumseh through a rod right through the block. Its on an Ariens comercial walk behing mower of which the rest is in great shape. So i want to buy a new block assembly from a seller on ebay who has tons of them listed but he only states the number stamped on the bottom of the block. None of his match my number exactly. My # is stampen on the bottom and is 39-0-190. His are mostly 39-0-xxx. The last three digits arent the same. Does this matter. How do figure out which one to buy. Please help. Grass growing in Nebraska. RG

vipermanz
05-31-2005, 01:05 AM
your number might have been superceeded to a new number, http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Tecumseh
you can buy new for the cost of parts there

greensx3
05-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Most of the complete blocks from this seller sell for $20 plus $15 shipping. That seems reasonable to me. Do you think if i just get the same diam piston and matching top and bottom shafts that it will work regardless of the #'s stamped on the block itself?

Restrorob
06-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Most of the complete blocks from this seller sell for $20 plus $15 shipping. That seems reasonable to me. Do you think if i just get the same diam piston and matching top and bottom shafts that it will work regardless of the #'s stamped on the block itself?

You need to think about headbolt configuration,Intake and exhaust port size and configuration, also They can use the same crank in many engines!