PDA

View Full Version : Obscure question...

HighGrass
05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
I know this is going to be tough one but here it goes.

I have an Exmark LazerHP 52". I think I could use a catcher as it would help keep clippings out of areas that I just can't get into without spraying grass all over plants etc.

Having said that, about how long (or far might be a better measurement) can you go before the catcher gets full. I run gator blades most of the time.

Does the Debris Shield have to be removed or just flipped up?
How fast can you install/remove the catcher?

PeterA
06-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Highgrass,
Your last 2 questions are simple. The catcher comes off by lifting the rear about 8 inches and pulling it off the mower. This takes a few seconds. You don't have to remove the deflector shield in most cases on the exmark, as long as it will retract back far enough so it does not stick out over the edge of the mower when you have it up.
As to the question of how far you can mow before emptying the bag, it depends on a bunch of different factors. Length of grass, grass type, and the kind of mower blades you are using. When I was running my landscaping business we could often get an entire yard into one regular size catcher, but then the yards in the pacific northwest (especially near Seattle) are smaller than in many parts of the country. During peak growing season it might have to be emptied twice if the grass was especially tall. A typical yard up here might have 5000 sq ft of grass on a 1/3 acre lot. You can always use our jumbo 6.2 if you want to go farther with the catcher before emptying it. maybe some of the other users would be willing to post their experiences.