PDA

View Full Version : A Z tends to make you loose accounts...

MTR
05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
A Z tends to make you loose account? Well, I have observed many Z riders loosing accounts after 3 or 6 months cause they refused or did not want to do anything extra besides sitting on their Z. Me and my buddies have both picked up several accounts after big LCO co and its Z got cancelled. Most of customers complain that those guys don't do anything except coming in with a Z and zip out onto trailer to another accounts, besides busting sewer cap or sprinkler nozzle with that riders. Customers seem to feel that Z guys don't work hard or careful enough to please and continue customers.
I think a Z can make you become complacent or somewhat lazy later do you think this way? I don't know why but this is the "trend" in my area, we WB and Stander guys are picking up where Z guys left off.
Is standing on feet makes you more active than sitting and thus you are likely to do more work for each account? Tell, am I missing something?
No offense to Z guys btw, just 2 cents.
from TTHP and Stander guys

kc2006
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
I've picked up accounts because they didn't want something big like a z on their lawn but never because they felt the people were lazy on a z. I do see alot of people becoming lazy though. I saw a company today the guys looked like they were about to fall asleep on the mowers just zipping around the yards.

bobcatnj
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
those guys on the z that you got the accounts from are just bums!!!there the lazy ones. i think i ztr is a smart piece of equipement and saves alot of time, but if you dont care about how the lawn looks then your wasting your time and getting fat on the ztr.

kilpatrickshrub&turf
05-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Im sure there are cases where that is true however I find the Z allows me more time to devote to bedwork, hedges, etc... There are things i dont like about Z mowers but all in all I'll keep using them.

JOEWOOD
05-31-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/STK/STK009/KEY1002.jpg

I'd rather wear out the Z than Me!

At the end of a Productive Day, I still have the stamina to enjoy life.

Joe... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

DennisF
05-31-2005, 06:14 PM
I've picked more accounts since I switched to a ZTR. No complaints from anyone in 2 years of mowing using the mower. The Z has allowed me increase the number of accounts that I can handle from 50 to 65 and I feel much better at the end of the day.

A ZTR will make lazy people lazier, and hard working LCO's more efficient.

kc2006
05-31-2005, 06:36 PM
A ZTR will make lazy people lazier, and hard working LCO's more efficient.

Exactly right!

Envy Lawn Service
05-31-2005, 06:53 PM
I haven't in a few years, but I have picked up several accounts from people being unhappy with zero turn equipment destroying their lawns... ZTR's & walkbehinds.

Most of these people had hills, trees, shady lawns, lots of obstacles, or all four.

Lots of naked ground around things, on the edges, or from them only being able to mow an area one certain way.

I'd come in, make repairs and run the turf friendly equipment they wanted to see on their lawns again. Good money.

Shawns Lawns
05-31-2005, 07:35 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/STK/STK009/KEY1002.jpg

I'd rather wear out the Z than Me!

At the end of a Productive Day, I still have the stamina to enjoy life.

Joe... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I feel the same way at the end of the day i am not as tired and i can take the boat out for some fun. :waving:

cantoo
05-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Maybe they think that the Z guys aren't working hard enough for the money? We found this when we first got our Walker and started leaf cleanups. Another thing is that these guys are maybe bidding jobs that are not meant for a big Z. We skip these jobs or price them using our Walker instead of the Z.

Precision
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
like nuclear energy, z mowers are just a tool. The question is how you use them.

An idiot on a Z can do damage, so can an idiot on a 21" push.

Being a lazy bum has little or nothing to do with the equipment.

cbelawn
06-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I would never be able to do the accounts i have without my NEW HUSTLER Z !

liquidforcedude7
06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I agree with the first post Im Know im gona pick up a new one next year that this guy has, Its just him, and he charges 40 dollars and seriously doesnt get off his Z. No trimming no ditch work at all... NONE.

Toy2
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Same here, just picked up a guy who had the same LCO for a few years, he got tired of the Z trashing his yard.....of course I use the 21" on his yard, that's all he needs....do I have a Z?, No, not yet, but it is coming.....I figure just use the right tool for the right job....a 21" to do 21" work, a 36" to do 36"...etc...

trying 2b organic
06-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Some customers seem to think extra things magically get done when they hire someone to cut thier lawn. When you offer to do extra work for extra cash they refuse, yet still expect extra things. Beware of this from anyone claiming that thier previous person wouldnt get off thier z.

Not all customers understand the critical nature of moving cash from them to me in terms of the -overall- appearance of thier grounds.