PDA

View Full Version : Briggs & Stratton engine HELP!!

SER
05-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi all I have a 5hp B&S engine that is doing the following: It starts just fine after a few primes. Runs fine, then when it is stopped in order to empty the bag, you go back to the machine and try and start it, it wont start. I did the following, the carb was rebuilt, new spark plug and air filter. :help: I also changed the coil. It is doing the same thing again. I was told that it could be the compression relief valve. Where is this valve located? Is it one of the valves on the engine or is it located on another part of the engine? It continues to do the same thing, runs fine, shut it off then it wont start again! Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You :help: :help: :help: :help:
SER

fixer67
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
State make and model of the machine this engine is used on and all the engine numbers. More and more bagging mowers are being made now with a safety switch built into the bagging latch so it can not be ran without the bag in place. Lawn-Boy even has one that has a hidden switch that few people know about. It is a magnetic switch like used on burglar alarms. If you do not get the bagging latch locked just right it will not start.