PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 Accelerator bagger...emptying into a truck?

Shady Brook
05-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Does anyone own a 6.2 Accelerator bagger and empty it into a dump truck, or pickup with sides? I wonder how unwieldy it gets when full of grass or even some damp leaves for that matter. Even a full Gobbler can be a load when tossing them over your head throughout the day. Any input on the big xl Accelerator would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fareway Lawncare
05-31-2005, 08:15 PM
An Accelerator XL Full of Wet Grass is Heavy....for a Girl.

I Don't Bag Grass Anymore...Bagging Grass is for Rookies.

The Accelerators Get Used for Debris Removal Only !

Mountain Peak
05-31-2005, 09:45 PM
I have the 4.15 one on my JD walk behind and it isn't too bad full of wet grass. I only use it for clean ups now, no grass catching...

Shady Brook
05-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Well, not everyone can be a pro like you Fareway! On occasion us rookies might be compelled to catch some grass, and I was currious if it is designed in such a way to allow a normal guy to get it over his head to dump in a high sided truck. I don't want my guys killing themselves, scaring the truck up, or tossing and damaging the unit. Any others with any insight?

christoff
05-31-2005, 10:21 PM
An Accelerator XL Full of Wet Grass is Heavy....for a Girl.

I Don't Bag Grass Anymore...Bagging Grass is for Rookies.

The Accelerators Get Used for Debris Removal Only !

So what do you guys do then? mulch it all? and if so what kind of blades?

C

PaulJ
05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Yes it is a heavy load when full of damp grass. I put 1 foot high side boards on my pickup in the spring and fall and can still get it over with some effort. I go over the tailgate when possible though. stand on the curb side of the truck and it's easier.

iowa
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd say the worst part is emptying the grass out of the truck, and then the trailer if the truck is full.