PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Remove Water fron Fuel

evergreenco
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I think my guys might have gotten water in the fuel of our wet saw. Any suggestions on ways to burn if out. I have heard of using rubbing alchohol. Can you do this with a two cycle engine???

South Florida Lawns
05-31-2005, 09:46 PM
That is what I would do disconnect the feul line and flucsh out the system. Alcohal won't hurt it just don't try to start it though.

GMC Driver
05-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Dump it - probably easiest way. Up here we use methyl hydrate - buy it in one gallon jugs - works to evaporate water in fuel (gasline antifreeze in winter months).

PLM-1
05-31-2005, 10:15 PM
What about HEET?

P&C Lawn Care
05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
I would dump the fuel tank and add fresh gas/oil. We use a product called Berryman B12 to clean the carbs and fuel lines. It will help chase water out.

Jman
06-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't add any type of alcohol based fuel conditioner to a 2 cycle engine. Alcohol is a great cleaning agent and will help to "wash away" oil from the cylinder walls and could lead to piston/cylinder damage. I would recommend draining the fuel tank as said above and then add a product called "Sea Foam" It is a petroleum based conditioner and will not damage 2 cycle engines.

barnard
06-01-2005, 10:05 AM
The "BEST" way is to remove the tank. Pour out the gas . Rinse with laquer thinner to absorb any remaining water and lay the tank in the sun cap off to dry. It'll dry quickly. Speed up the process by blowing out with compressed air if available. This will remove ALL traces of water from the tank.It also doesn't require running it through the carb or running any other potentially damaging fluids through your engine.