PDA

View Full Version : Cannister Air Filter parts

brucec32
06-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I have a cannister air filter on my Exmark Lazer Z HP with a 23hp Kawasaki. My owners manuals have zero info on the cannister air filter. I found the part numbers at the Kawasaki website. But I am having a hard time finding where I can order these parts beside my Exmark dealer. The last time I had a small part missing off it, they insisted I had to replace the whole assembly, which I knew was wrong, and even after I told them not to they did anyway and billed me about $90. This dealer also replaced an engine that turned out only to have a clogged fuel filter, after about 4 attempts and 2-3 months out of service. Totally incompent, I'm not returning there unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway, the part that fell off is the "cap" on top over the air inlet. Anyone have ideas on hardware type parts that would fit or substitute for this part? I find the cannisters fragile and vulnerable to this sort of thing, and prefer to keep a few on hand if possible. (handlebars of wb on trailer knocked it off when I hit a big bump). From what I can tell, it just serves to keep heavy debris from falling in the inlet, sucking air from underneath the edge of the cap. Good design, just fragile for a 900 lb steel mower.

Jman
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Check with a local Kohler dealer and see if the hood for a Kohler will fit. It is part #25 324 02-S. About $19.

brucec32
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks, but I just found a place online rcpw.com that appears to actually have the part listed online. Just a few bucks. Some other places just never replied to my emails.