PDA

View Full Version : equipment upgrade

ercrvs24
06-01-2005, 08:12 AM
This is my first season in the mowing side of lawn care. My business is picking up pretty well. My problem is that I'm already getting sick of manuvering my new 04 36" exmark fixed deck, belt drive. I was not aware of the big differences between belt and hydro. I don't know whether I should keep this exmark and buy a new hydro, or sell this one and buy one, or buy a little bit bigger mower/rider and get a quick 36 for gate/byard areas. I have properties with some hilly areas and the beltdrive doesn't want to hold. Also, I'm new to cutting, so I get intimidated about certain spots and scalping on the hilly/rolling spots. Any advice would be great. Keep in mind I'm trying to keep cost minimum, but have high quality equip. Also, what's the big difference between Husqvarna commercial Zriders and the residential besides fuel cap. and 3,000?

Green Pastures
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Whoa!

I suggest you spend some time reading the forums. There are tons of threads that are dealing with the issues you ask about.

Lot's of answers to your questions, but only you will know the correct answer.

Keep in mind there are also many things we cannot answer for you, only experience can teach some things.

ercrvs24
06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't want answers, just opinions.

cbelawn
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
I spent a year reading the forums before desiding how to start my biz. This is my second year. I started with a 48"wb to mow, and bought equipment as i could or as i needed. ......Funny thing, this first thing i bought was a Power broom in the spring of last year to do cleanups. I now have a 16' trailer, 60"z, 48" wb, 21", 2 string trimmers, hedge trimmers, and everything else. Yes its about 15k on the trailer but Its all paid for and now i can make a few bucks every week and enjoy myself.