PDA

View Full Version : Mower choice

A+ Lawncare
06-01-2005, 10:29 AM
hello, i am wondering what size w/b deck will fit in my 6ft bed ranger, i've heard up to 36''.... is the 48'' deck impossible to fit?

whats the best 36'' deck out there, exmark & bobcat choice... please provide price....

South Florida Lawns
06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
so no problems with a 36 wb as for the 48 if you got it up over the wheel housing, might work that way but what a pain. If i were you i would ditch the stupid box all together and make it a flatbed, hell it might even make the ranger more appealing. The toro/exmark wb are nice solid machines as well as gravely if they are in your area. Good luck.

mkwl
06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Bob-Cat and Toro Proline (same as Exmark) mowers are the absolute best mowers money can buy! Bob-Cat and Toro Proline mowers give an absolutely fantastic quality of cut and stripe!!! I think 36" would fit but 48" would be a real squeeze. Now for prices: Bob-Cat Professional Grade w/15HP Kawi V-Twin,belt drive, 36" is around $3,000. Bob-Cat "Classic" w/15 HP Kohler,belt drive, 36" is around $2,650. Toro Proline w/13HP Kawi V-Twin,belt drive, 36" is around $2800. Either the Bob-Cat Professional Grade or the Toro Proline mowers would serve you very well indeed!!!

lawnman_scott
06-01-2005, 10:05 PM
hello, i am wondering what size w/b deck will fit in my 6ft bed ranger, i've heard up to 36''.... is the 48'' deck impossible to fit?

whats the best 36'' deck out there, exmark & bobcat choice... please provide price....
How wide is the truck from wheelwell to wheelwell?

Todd's lawncare
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
How wide is the truck from wheelwell to wheelwell?
Now your gonna have to tell him what they are .

Dashunde
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
but why not just find a cheap little trailer, used or otherwise.
Putting ANY mower in the back of a p/u is simply going to suck, and be dangerous, and slow, and you'll have to unload all of your other goodies first which are piled ontop of your mower... and on top of all of that, you'll have to unload it all whenever you do anything else with the truck.

Lastly, it limits your mower size vs. $ spent ratio. Read on....
I was thinking 36" at first and found a Gravely for $3700, fixed deck hydro.
I started thinking a bit more... I then found a 48" floating Gravely hydro for $4000. (Great mower btw)
The choice is a no-brainer.
The truck will keep you on a smaller 36" when a 48" is possibly just a few hundred bucks more.

A+ Lawncare
06-02-2005, 11:46 AM
i already have a trailer, but have a lil experience towing an trailer around the city. i tow mostly my boat/trailer to go fishing... so i want to start out small and use my trailer i have now in the future.

proenterprises
06-02-2005, 12:26 PM
i already have a trailer, but have a lil experience towing an trailer around the city. i tow mostly my boat/trailer to go fishing... so i want to start out small and use my trailer i have now in the future.

That is stupid. If you have the trailer now than use it. Before I got my trailer, I used to load my 48" in the back of my pickup everytime, what a friggin hassle. Practice a few times driving your trailer empty, its not that hard, and a 8x10 isint even that big!

I think you are shooting your productivity in the foot by not using your trailer, but thats just my 2 cents.