PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo Mower

bluesclues
06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm looking at getting a Yazoo ZTR Max 2 it is used and was bought last summer. Guessing it has anywhere from 25 to 50 hours on it. The guy wants anywhere from 7000 to 7500 is the mower worth that?

Help please

mbricker
06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Are there a lot of Yazoos in your area? I think the company was one of the original out-front deck mower manufacturers, but they have apparently not stayed with the times and lost a lot of dealers, at least here.

What is your local dealer like, does he have a good reputation for service, and what does that model sell for new?

Myself, I am not buying anything I will have trouble getting service or parts for, unless it is about 1/3 the price of comparable popular brand equipment.

Sweetwater
06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
That price is crazy!!! New Toro 500 or Exmark Lazer can had for that! Just bought Lazer 52" for 6500 brand new (2004 model)

MMLawn
06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
For that price you can buy a BRAND NEW QUALITY ZTR that will have a full factory warranty.....and forget a freakin Yazoo...just ask ENVY on here he has one of those pieces of....I mean machines...course he rarely admits to it on here.

Heck I bought a New 2005 John Deere 757 60" 25 Kaw for like $7400

Green King
06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Well the Yazoo is a quality mower after all they did build the John Deere ztr for them! and they are building the Husky mower know! Around here they are very popular due to a great dealer. However that price is high. The dealer here is selling a 61" with a Kohler or Honda engine for $7195 brand new!

TURF DOCTOR
06-01-2005, 09:06 PM
7500 come on man for low 8k you can be in a new turf tiger,don't buy cause you think it's a bargain.

rodfather
06-01-2005, 09:42 PM
WTF is a Yazoo I would like to know??? :dizzy: Is that the same as the Yazoo/Kees machines I heard about once???

MMLawn
06-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Come on ENVY tell the man what he needs to know about a Yazoo mower since that is what you use.

Envy Lawn Service
06-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Come on ENVY tell the man what he needs to know about a Yazoo mower since that is what you use.

What I use????

What is use anyway?

Oh, by 'use' you mean using up good storage space I guess.

Well, I'll tell ya this, it makes a pretty good lawn chair now that I have it out.

As for "rarely admitting it" I guess you mean on ALL of the rare occasions this brand comes up.

All I can say for anyone looking at a Yazoo/Kees or Husqvarna mower....
Don't walk away.... RUN!!!!

MMLawn
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Well the Yazoo is a quality mower and they are building the Husky mower know! Around here they are very popular due to a great dealer. However that price is high. The dealer here is selling a 61" with a Kohler or Honda engine for $7195 brand new!

ENVY, so as someone who owns one not just someone stating what they have "heard" you would (as I have) disagree with this statement. If so I think this is the first time we have ever agreed! :rolleyes:

I think many years ago Yazoo USE to be a quality product but have not kept up and thus has not been for several years now.

Envy Lawn Service
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
MMLawn,

I'd have to say you are right there. That goes for both brands. You've read atleast one of my posts. You saw the pics. Remember what I said? How's this for progress?