06-01-2005, 10:01 PM
What kind of laser levels do you guys use

mbella
06-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Topcon..........

chesie
06-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Spectra Physics.

Personally I think it is better to get a laser that does not rotate the beam physically...they eat batteries. The unit we have reflects the beam out 360 degrees using a prism/ mirror without chewing up batteries.....not a big deal???? Wait till you don't have any backups with you and you have to run to the store that = $$ Our unit will run on 1 D battery nonstop for about 2 weeks steady( day in day out 8 hours a day).

P. Baxter
06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
we just use a Dewalt rotating laser with rechargable battery, thing works GREAT!!!!!!! I think we charge it about once per month, but we do not run it every day. I would say 3 days per week or so.

cgland
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
We have a CMT/Berger self leveling laser. I'm pretty sure I have a couple dollars to buy a battery every 3 months at ANY convenience store within a mile of me......not a big deal!

Chris

neversatisfiedj
06-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Berger here also

chesie
06-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Seems they have come a long way with the rotaries.....they USED to chew up batteries. I stand corrected.

TerraFirma Excavating
06-03-2005, 03:07 AM
I went with an inexpensive route which has been serving me well for the last 2 years. I have the Robotoolz / Porter Cable automatic leveling, dual beam (one for level and one for plump) rotating lazer with remote control receiver. I think I paid about $450 and it came with a tripod, case, and grade rod. I have never used the plump feature, but bought this model because of the remote control/laser detector.

It utilizes 4 D-cell batteries and also has an A/C adapter. You can select three different rotary speeds to help conserve battery also. The detector is great on bright days. My helper was holding the grade rod over a pad I was leveling with my Bobcat and I could hear the beeps of the detector inside my machine and could tell if it was high or low. The remote control works good for turning the laser off when working by yourself, especially like when digging a trench, to save battery also.

YardPro
06-03-2005, 07:55 AM
dewalt here