PDA

View Full Version : "Duct tape in a pinch"

Cigarcop
06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
What have you had to use it for during the workday?

surfisher211
06-01-2005, 09:43 PM
a band aid! and also a belt ! lol :rolleyes:

Precision
06-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Nothing, we scrubs use weed eater string for everything.

No really, I hate the sticky residue all over everything. I have some in the tool box, but the only thing I use it for is trimming pampus grass.

Lawn Masters
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I've used duct tape to fix electrical wires, for bandaids, shoelaces, pretty much everything you can dream up.

ed2hess
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Nothing, we scrubs use weed eater string for everything.

No really, I hate the sticky residue all over everything. I have some in the tool box, but the only thing I use it for is trimming pampus grass.
You made my day I have tried a lot of ways to control pampus grass before I cut it but never thought about duct tape...thanks

lpwhandyman
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Before I got my ezchute discharge blocker, I tried duct tape to do a few leaf cleanups. It worked good. But the ezchute is much better.

Runner
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I have a hole in one of my blower tubes where it flexes. I'll be patching that up tomorrow.

Itsgottobegreen
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
I plan to build a few tiny tool holders in my enclosed. One of them will be a duck tape roll holder. You can fix anything with duck tape if you think hard enought. Can't duck it, then F#$& it. :)

stevo22
06-02-2005, 12:45 AM
this wasn't me, it was my dad some yrs ago...we were clearing some timber and brush on a duck hunting lease and the chainsaw jumped and sliced a nice 6-7 inch gash in his calf...went to the truck wiped it clean and put a piece of duct tape over it...my hero...worked about 5-6 more hrs...we went to the doctor the next day and he got i think 20 or so stitches...

PaulJ
06-02-2005, 01:34 AM
If you can't fix it with duct tape or baling wire, It ain't broke!

sheshovel
06-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Got a splinter or infected finger?Seal it up with duct tape and it will pull the infection and or the splinter right out.Or at least pull the splinter up tp the surface so you can get it out.
Also used when I need to hold somthing up while I cut it or glue ot or fix it.taped up cracked vacumme hoses on my vehicle,patched holes in my pants,put over ears one time to block out very loud jackhammer noise,(hurt like heck when I ripped it back off though!!)Taped holes in tent,Radiator hose fix,
a construction guy I know ripped his crotch out of his pants with rebar and taped them back together so you couldent even tell.
Have to put in a tiny nail or screw you cant hold onto cuz too small?Take a piece of duct tape fold it in 1/2 stick the nail or screw thru it in the corner and hold it up with that to nail or screw it in.
MANY more usees they have a book out in fact.

impactlandscaping
06-02-2005, 03:28 AM
If you can't fix it with duct tape or baling wire, It ain't broke!

Paul, don't forget the almighty zip ties!!! But that's another thread.. :D

grass_cuttin_fool
06-02-2005, 06:59 AM
yep, zip ties, bungee cords and duct tape and trimmer line has helped alot get through the day. Anyone that canoes carries a roll of duct tape, a good way to patch a crack on the river

Fantasy Lawns
06-02-2005, 09:56 AM
on the front tires of the Z .... before I went to solid tires... it had been plugged sooo many times ... that my foreman would wrap it in duct tape to hold all the plugs in

GreenUtah
06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
let's not forget sprinkler marking flags...nice bendable wire just the right size and strength to get you back if you lose a pin or clip or just need to twist around and hold....it's the baling wire for the landscape pro!

Remsen1
06-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I have a hole in one of my blower tubes where it flexes. I'll be patching that up tomorrow.

I patched a hole on my echo a couple years ago and the duct tape is still holding strong. doesn't look that great but it works.

ztoro
06-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Duct Tape will kill warts as well... Keep it covered with duct tape and it will sufficate the wart..

Read it in one of my sisters medical books....

use it for bandaids as well...

Lawn Masters
06-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh you should see my BR320, its flex tube is literally nothing but duct tape, and a little bit of plastic somewhere beneath 1/2" of the tape. LOL.

Precision
06-02-2005, 06:52 PM
You made my day I have tried a lot of ways to control pampus grass before I cut it but never thought about duct tape...thanks

I usually charge $100 for that piece of wisdom. But just for you free.

Seriously that saves hours. When I used to work for someone else, he sent us out to trim 80 stands of pampus. My partner and I were done in less than 2 hours including the dump run.

back at the shop, the boss berated us for doing a crappy job because we were back so soon. He expected a full 8 hours. I never did tell him my secret.

He grudginly admitted the next day (after he checked it out) that we cleaned up the area "PRETTY" well. PUH lease there was not a stray strand. Not with it all taped up.

PaulJ
06-03-2005, 09:19 AM
let's not forget sprinkler marking flags...nice bendable wire just the right size and strength to get you back if you lose a pin or clip or just need to twist around and hold....it's the baling wire for the landscape pro!
I'll agre with that. ON the farm bailing wire is always present but now my suply has run out so it's wire flags. And don't forget the pliers to go with the wire.