PDA

View Full Version : Want to grow bigger

lildog132
06-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Right now, I only offer Lawn mowing, Trimming and Edging. I want to offer more next year, because I know I could make a lot more money. Whats the best way to learn how to do more, I was thinking about working with another business as an employee for a year to learn more than just the basics.

PTP
06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
There is lots of money to be made in mowing.

You should be able to clear a six figure income in that area alone. Learn how to work with people and how to run a business and the sky is the limit.

Why would you want to work for someone else for $12 per hour when you could hire someone to do your work for you and make $12 per hour off of them?

Scapegoat
06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Right now, I only offer Lawn mowing, Trimming and Edging. I want to offer more next year, because I know I could make a lot more money. Whats the best way to learn how to do more, I was thinking about working with another business as an employee for a year to learn more than just the basics.

What are your interests? Landscape design? Fertilization? Or are you talking about adding things like pressure washing?

lildog132
06-02-2005, 03:46 AM
ya, all those of that. I think it also appeals to people even if they just want their lawn mowed because they know you are more of a professional than just a lawn mower man.

SodKing
06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
You want to get bigger? Study hard, go to college, get a dual degree in business and horticulture, then work on getting your license and work for other large companies to learn what makes them succesful. Build up your credit and bank account and then start a landscape company when you have all the tools to make your career successful.