PDA

View Full Version : Our new Z Master

Pro-Scapes
06-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Picked up our new Z Master 48 inch Turbo force 19 kawi today 19 hp is fine for the southern grasses I mow. $5995.00 was the final selling price. This will include our first service and filter changes.

It's been raining for 5 days pretty heavily and today was the first sunshine we have seen. Nice tall wet grass in our backyard to test this thing out on. It easily plowed through anything we found on our 40 acres and never skipped a beat. The atomic blades seemed to work well but will get replaced with gators soon. WE left the turbo force baffle wide open and this thing really throws the clippings. The cut was excellent and the hydros were very responsive. Traction even on damp grass was excellent but it wasnt hard to tear up the turf if you tried.

Can't wait to hit some customers yards tmrw. Gotta pray for sunshine before bed thats for sure. Over all 1st impression is EXCELLENT.

Just gotta add a word about my dealer. Our mower didn't come in as ordered so he (well I ran up there at 4pm to get it still in the crate) got one from his brothers dealer about 30 miles away and stayed an hour and a half after closing time today to assemble it. Now thats service and thats why I paid a few bucks more to get it from him.

yard sloth
06-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Picked up our new Z Master 48 inch Turbo force 19 kawi today 19 hp is fine for the southern grasses I mow. $5995.00 was the final selling price. This will include our first service and filter changes.

congrats on the new mower! I saw this mower at my local Toro dealer, but they had it with the 23hp kawasaki, kinda big for a 48. Their "sale" price is $7299, and the tag says regular price $7999. does this sound about right or too high? I'll have to ask about the price with a 19hp. are the spindles still the greasable type? hows the noise level on yours with the 29 kawi, compared to other mowers you've used? does it come with the big canister type air filter? has there been anything you don't like about this mower?

green thum
06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
:) I ordered a 60" z tuesday with a 23 horse kohler,man i can't wait.paid 7999
plus 199 for the stand,man i love those toros!!!!!!!

Pro-Scapes
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
congrats on the new mower! I saw this mower at my local Toro dealer, but they had it with the 23hp kawasaki, kinda big for a 48. Their "sale" price is $7299, and the tag says regular price $7999. does this sound about right or too high? I'll have to ask about the price with a 19hp. are the spindles still the greasable type? hows the noise level on yours with the 29 kawi, compared to other mowers you've used? does it come with the big canister type air filter? has there been anything you don't like about this mower?

Yeah has greasable spindles. Same deck as 23. That price seems a bit high. Retail on the 19 is around 6700 I think. Nosie??? I'm not sure I'm deaf. My wife said sounded about same as our kohler 25 but who knows. Just has regular filter on it. I will add the canister later but right now I don't get in much dust. So far nothing I don't like. Sat on the seat belt and that kinda hurt but other than that been great.

lawnrangeralaska
06-02-2005, 01:58 PM
man you bought one nice mower. i wish i could by mid mount ztr's, well i own one but i dont like them just because all the lawns have to be bagged and most of them have lil hills and the mid mount hustler i own doesnt float as nicely as a walker that i just bought, and the walker bags the best.. when i get a few more big open yards 1ac. im gonna buy a 52 or a 60 turbo force.

Pro-Scapes
06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Well just got in from cuttin 4 acts about 2 acres each. I managed to shave about half an hour from each acct over using my old 61 husq.... doesnt make sence but I tink it all had to do with not having to go back for any missed grass or double cutting anything.

The grass was fairly tall in alot of areas and sorta dry (we been having tons of rain) but it didnt skip a beat nor a blade of grass. only thing is about 4 rows in I changed directions and covered the truck in clippings. this thing really slings some grass!!!! I going to order a mulch kit asap as I can only imagine what this thing would do with a rock. by far the best discharge I have ever used. The rubber chute is a life saver already. I tagged the edge of the trailer unloading it today by accident.

I highly reccomend this machine to anyone even considering it.

South Florida Lawns
06-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow you were able to take the mower for under 6k thats a deal there. I must have gotten had for the price of my 44" 19 kawi with the z-stand all for a total of $7400. I must have called a dozen places around Florida and they all had the same price. I looked at all the other brands but to be honest i see every golf course and city crew on toros not to mention the people that cut the medians and right-of-ways that must mean something when all the big crews are on Toros. BTW POST SOME PICS

Pro-Scapes
06-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Wow you were able to take the mower for under 6k thats a deal there. I must have gotten had for the price of my 44" 19 kawi with the z-stand all for a total of $7400. I must have called a dozen places around Florida and they all had the same price. I looked at all the other brands but to be honest i see every golf course and city crew on toros not to mention the people that cut the medians and right-of-ways that must mean something when all the big crews are on Toros. BTW POST SOME PICS

WE are going to look for a new digital cam. ours just crashed and then I will get some pics. 7400 for a 44 ??? Whats the model number ? My dealer always sells them at his best price and I think thats why he sells so many. He sold 4 the day I picked ours up. Always goes the extra mile. Thats why I didnt mind the trip to go get it in the crate from his brothers shop 30 min away and bring it back for him to put together. The 52" was $6599 I think. He has last years Z100 with the 44 SFS deck 18 kohler for $4995.00. I think what he does is match the local exmark dealers pricing on comparable mowers because the Lazer HP same set up is also $5995

mhussey
09-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I just bought a new 19/48 Z-Master and love it. Paid 5995 and of course tax put it to around 6400. This must be a common price for these machines. I would recommend this mower to anyone.

QualityLawnCare4u
09-10-2005, 12:09 AM
That is a good price for that mower in my area (around 6999 plus tax here). I have wanted a Toro ever since I have been in lawn care but the dealer we have here is one first class SOB and I (and many other) LCO refuse to buy from him. If we had another dealer closer I would have all Toro even though I have been pleased with my JD.