PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Stick Edgers and String Trimmers

joeg2246
06-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Anyone heard any news good or bad on the John Deere line of stick edgers and string trimmers.

heavenlydeere
06-02-2005, 11:03 AM
a friend of mine owns a jd trimmer and loves it! i havent tried the small jd equipment, it is just an echo or somthing else , my huskvarna backpack blower is the same as jds only mine is orange and theirs is yellow, they are the exact same blower, iam pretty sure jd doesnt make their own small engines
i love my blower, and all in all its probably all good stuff!

QC Lawn Services
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
We have a XT120LE and a XT140LE trimmer along with a XT140LE something stick edger. We have been very happy with the equipment. Our only issue that we have run into is the ON/OFF trigger gives us a little trouble sometimes. We like the power that the engines have and they are fairly lightweight. Parts, if necessary, have been easy to order from the JDParts website.

joeg2246
06-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Back to the top for some more professional advice!!!

rodneyskip
02-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Anyone else with JD trimmers, edgers, or blowers???

K&L Landscaping
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Most people know that I bleed JD Green but where the hand held stuff is concerned I have to stay with my RedMax stuff. My dealer gave me a JD trimmer and blower to demo for a few week's and I never could get acquainted with it. I pulled the starter rope out of the trimmer on day 2 and the blower was always difficult to start and in my opinion grossly underpowered when compared to the competition. The trimmer felt heavy and awkward like it was unbalanced, just a weird feeling piece of equipment. I hate to talk bad about anything JD but I think they have a LONG way to go before they are competitive in the hand held market.