PDA

View Full Version : ecs vs. pistol grip

steve225
06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I have a chance to get a used turf tracer 60 " . I have concerns about leaning on the handles around holes and small humps , curbs ect. The mower is a part time user the Lazer does most the work. I can get the old stile or the ecs style .
Which one would you get ?

Steve

Rhett
06-02-2005, 08:35 AM
ECS. Easier on the user. Less fatigue and provides a more natural position. Can run an ECS all day no problem. a couple hours on the pistol grips and my hands are numb.

Premo Services
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
ECS. Easier on the user. Less fatigue and provides a more natural position. Can run an ECS all day no problem. a couple hours on the pistol grips and my hands are numb.

:cry: Man, ain't that the truth. I have a 6 year old turf tracer with pistol grips, and this spring, I bought a 60 inch tt with ECS, man what a difference, no fatigue after using it all day. My son, and partner, has had corpal tunnel in one hand and he tells me that the ECS does not bother him at all either.

GreenUtah
06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
agreed...it's also easier to teach new seasonals to operate the ecs grips as their brain has an easier time processing "squeeze back to go back" than "squeeze up to go back" The higher grips also make it a more natural position for using a sulky, not as much bending to handle the controls so that you can stay behind the controls instead of over them.

steve225
06-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for your replies.

My real concern Is going up curbs and pushing down around holes and small hills? How bad do they scalp? I know the ecs is more user friendly to run.

Steve

Mo Green
06-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I have the ECS and have no problem getting up onto curbs.

Jpocket
06-02-2005, 10:15 PM
It depends on how much you use it, if your running it all day then get the ecs... if your like me where the wb stays on the trailer most of the day save some cash and get the old style.

ealbertson
06-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I started with a 48" pistol grip then went to a 48" and now 60" TT with ECS. It took me a while to get used to the ECS but am very happy with it now. Also the 60" TT is one heck of a machine. It is far more efficient than I ever expected over the 48. As far as scalping it isn't bad at all. To raise the front end instead of pushing down on the handles pull back on them. This takes some getting used to but works good once you get used to it. I would also suggest getting a velke for it. It will give a good cut going much faster than you can walk. Hope this helps.

steve225
06-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Anyone else run the ecs controls?

Steve

dvmcmrhp52
06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Anyone else run the ecs controls?

Steve

I wouldn't even consider pistol grips over ECS.............
Pistol grips have no advantage over ECS in my opinion and the ECS grips have a lot of advantage over pistol grips.

ky-lawn-guy
06-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I have an exmark 36" with the pistol grips and a 48" with ECS. I absolutely LOVE the ECS, it is sooo much easier on the hands, especially around fences, gates, and trees.. No more mashed fingers. I can mow all day with the ECS and not get fatigued like i used to with the pistol grips, I avoid the pistol grips at all cost if possible!

fishinman22487
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
ECS is the way to go. I have one account where the homeowner has curbing along his street which is about 6 inches high and you add another 6 inches of st augustine grass so thats a foot high from the pavement..... Its almost effortless for the viking hydro to climb up the curb when you push down on the mower. I would highly suggest getting the ECS controls!!!