PDA

View Full Version : Curbing machines....can I do it?

Green Pastures
06-02-2005, 11:11 AM
OK here's the story.

I have a good friend who's in the Air Force, nice guy and he has helped me a great deal with business planning, organization and finances but handyman work is not his forte.

He want's his beds edged with the concrete curbing and has looked into the cost. It's cost prohibitive for him right now. He's got 2 kids getting ready to be in college......

Anyway, I've looked into these machines and have found that they can be rented.

I'm a pretty handy guy, can run a level, a shovel, a vibratory tamper and I can run a concrete mixer.

What more do I need to know?

I'd like to help my friend out and get this done for him at cost, it might turn out to be a great learning experience for me. Could be something I incorporate into my business plan.

What are your thought's.

Anybody here have a curbing machine?

Dirty Water
06-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Never ran a curbing machine, but I've done lots of concrete work.

Power curbers appear to be very easy to operate, I'm not sure what the finish quality of the curb will be, but a wet paintbrush will give it a nice brushed look.

I think you'd be just fine if you tried it.

PS, Who is that in your avatar?

TerraFirma Excavating
06-03-2005, 03:25 AM
This looks pretty "Kewl". Maybe you could add Kwik Kerb to your business. Kwik Kerb (http://www.kwikkerb.com/)

Initially, I was thinking large curb machine they use along parking lots or road, but a Google search showed lots of curb machines for residential applications.

How much a running foot was your friend quoted?

Gene $immons
06-07-2005, 12:32 AM
I have never ran one, But.. the other day I was planting some flowers and a company was next dooe using one. I was amazed at how simple it looked. They did several hundred feet in a matter of minutes. They also stained the cement and scored it to make it look like it was stone, rather than plain cement. I think the initial prep work would be the hardest part.