PDA

View Full Version : is scag still the top walk behind?

clydesdale
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I havent purchased a mower in a long time. At that time scag was top dog. Bunton and exmark were second place. What is it now. If i make a purchase, i want to be happy with it for a long time.

vipermanz
06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
to me it is exmark, your opinion is the only one that matters to you. try and see what works best for you

Mark McC
06-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I am really not sure how much difference there really is. I have all eXmark equipment, but I'm sure that a Scag would mow quite nicely, too. Pardon the old saw, but buy from a dealer who's going to stand behind the product...just don't get Harry Homeowner cr*p.

out till dark
06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Demo an exmark,scag,hustler,ferris,bunton,ransome,wright,dane,toro,walker,jd
and find one you like. :dizzy: just kidding I have demoed them all working for a large maint comp in my area.Now that i'm on my own scag and exmark are the only machine I'll use. I can't say enough good things about the exmark especially the ecs. Pistol grip mowers are killer on your hands and wrists.I know my hands go numb from the years of abuse from pistol grips I'm sure yours do too.

Give your local exmark dealer a call and tell them to meet you on your hardest growing property with a 19 kaw 48 TTHP. I guarantee you buy it.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I have a scag wb gear mower, it cuts great and is built like a tank, but dang them pistol grips, mine sits in the building and I grab the toro with the t-bar controls over it every day

PaulJ
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
check out the hustler. built solid. easiest to operate. cuts great.

Mark McC
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I have a scag wb gear mower, it cuts great and is built like a tank, but dang them pistol grips, mine sits in the building and I grab the toro with the t-bar controls over it every day

Pistol grips are the subject of a lot of complaints here on Lawnsite. That was one of the reasons I went with the eXmark TTHP. The ECS is not exactly fingertip control, but it seems a lot easier on the mitts than pistol grips.

cclllc
06-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't forget about the DC runbehind