PDA

View Full Version : 1st Hustler Ever Made (1964)

JOEWOOD
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/images/news/hustler36.jpg

The first zero-degree-turn lawnmower was introduced in 1964. Named the “Hustler”, the first model was a 36” homeowner model. In the 40 years since, Hustler has become synonymous with durable, productive, innovative turf care equipment for industrial, commercial, and homeowner applications.

Hey guys!...Did you know John Deere bought out Hustler not too long ago for going under?

Joe... :waving:

TLS
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey guys!...Did you know John Deere bought out Hustler not too long ago for going under?

You sure about that?

Mo Green
06-02-2005, 07:51 PM
[IMG]Hey guys!...Did you know John Deere bought out Hustler not too long ago for going under?

Where did you get your information?

Mark McC
06-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Interesting piece of history. Glad modern mowing decks cover the pulleys and belts. I'll bet those are belt drives, too. Wanna bet that those levers were a bear to pull?

JOEWOOD
06-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Where did you get your information?
You sure about that?

Got the info from my Local John Deere / Hustler Dealership!

Mo Green
06-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey bro, I wasn't doubting you.....I was just wondering how you found out that interesting tidbit of info.

mowerconsultant
06-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Hustler is not owned by John Deere, never has been never will be.
We are a privately held, family owned and operated company, have been since day 1.

Pj

TLS
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks PJ

cbelawn
06-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I just picked up my hustler z and it looks just like the pic....the dealer said it was last years model........did i get screwed?

Mark McC
06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I just picked up my hustler z and it looks just like the pic....the dealer said it was last years model........did i get screwed?
Not if you can sell it on e-bay for more than you paid.

mowingmachine
06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey Joewood are you sure you don't mean Great Dane. John Deere aquired them not too many years ago. I have seen quite a few Deere dealers handling the Great Dane line now too.

mowingmachine

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Tell u wat..Looks like my JD f687.

65hoss
06-03-2005, 07:48 AM
[IMG]Hey guys!...Did you know John Deere bought out Hustler not too long ago for going under?

:dizzy: hahahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaahahahahahaahaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahaaaaahaaahaaaahaaaahaaaaaheeeheeeeeeheeeeheeheeeeeeheeeehahahahaaaaa haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaahaa :dizzy: Sorry, had to get that out.

There have been many funny misleading posts by people here, but this one has to rank as one of the tops.

Hustler is on the cutting edge of the technology in this industry. The company is doing just fine without JD. As with any good company, its the people that make it great. Hustler has some of the best people of any I've met.

Downunder Bob
06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=mowerconsultant]Hustler is not owned by John Deere, never has been never will be.
We are a privately held, family owned and operated company, have been since day 1

And A-men to that. What you fellas are doing not to corporatise this company by now is amazing. For a family company to last this long must mean their are some very switched-on people at head office. Mix this with years of research and development and you get a top quality product.
I hope the Hustler brand will be around for another forty years to service the needs of the grass cutting industry and the homeowner alike.
Cheers Rob.

rookiemower
06-03-2005, 07:26 PM
If hustler was bought out by Deere then the quality would probaly diminish. When i was at expo this past year Hustler and Gravely were the most impressive equipment i saw. :cool2:

Hustler5224
06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Downunder Bob][QUOTE=mowerconsultant]Hustler is not owned by John Deere, never has been never will be.
We are a privately held, family owned and operated company, have been since day 1

And A-men to that. What you fellas are doing not to corporatise this company by now is amazing. For a family company to last this long must mean their are some very switched-on people at head office. Mix this with years of research and development and you get a top quality product.
I hope the Hustler brand will be around for another forty years to service the needs of the grass cutting industry and the homeowner alike.
Cheers Rob.[/QUOTE

I could not have said it any better.