PDA

View Full Version : Dealers

liquidforcedude7
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
we have a local toro/stihl etc. dealer and he treats anyone that isnt some huge LCO like dirt. We've been to him 3 times and today was the last time Ill ever go. The first time we went he wouldnt help us for at least 30 minutes we just kept sitting there ringing the bell and when he finally did get up he wasnt any help at all (it was like he didnt want us to buy it). The second time we went he wouldnt come out from behind his desk. Until that was... some guy in a huge f-350 pulling a huge enclosed trailer with XXXXX XXXXXX landscaping written on the side, pulled in. Then he was all business TO THAT OTHER GUY. He came out from behind his desk, had to other workers pull out 3 huge nice zero turn mowers right up front, he turned all the lights on and then went to the door and opened it for the man who walked in. Then he had all three of the people there assisting this one guy who it turns out only came to buy a blower. And then the third time today when we showed up 20 minutes till closing and he told us to leave. And that whatever we were looking for we wouldnt be able to find it and purchase it within the next 20 minutes and that we had to leave. Are all dealers like this or did I just get stuck with a bad one right near my house???

dvmcmrhp52
06-02-2005, 10:09 PM
With all due respect, I believe it's your age.
Your profile says 13 years old, If you were running a dealership how serious would you take a 13 year old?

I'm not busting your chops, just stating what I see as the issue.

Mowerboy04
06-02-2005, 10:13 PM
we have a local toro/stihl etc. dealer and he treats anyone that isnt some huge LCO like dirt. We've been to him 3 times and today was the last time Ill ever go. The first time we went he wouldnt help us for at least 30 minutes we just kept sitting there ringing the bell and when he finally did get up he wasnt any help at all (it was like he didnt want us to buy it). The second time we went he wouldnt come out from behind his desk. Until that was... some guy in a huge f-350 pulling a huge enclosed trailer with XXXXX XXXXXX landscaping written on the side, pulled in. Then he was all business TO THAT OTHER GUY. He came out from behind his desk, had to other workers pull out 3 huge nice zero turn mowers right up front, he turned all the lights on and then went to the door and opened it for the man who walked in. Then he had all three of the people there assisting this one guy who it turns out only came to buy a blower. And then the third time today when we showed up 20 minutes till closing and he told us to leave. And that whatever we were looking for we wouldnt be able to find it and purchase it within the next 20 minutes and that we had to leave. Are all dealers like this or did I just get stuck with a bad one right near my house???

i know how you feel exactly i'm 16 and when i go into this one dealer by my house he treats me like dirt. but after i bought a 6,000 dollar mower form him he started to treat me better. maybe u should try to find another dealer
alex

Stuttering Stan
06-02-2005, 10:13 PM
I aagree with the above, it's hard to take you serious when you can't drive yet. That's just how business works

liquidforcedude7
06-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Its not like I show up to this place on my bike or anything. Sounds gay but when I do stuff like this I try to look decently presentable like with a collared shirt/fleece and stright kahki (sp) shorts. And my dad comes also and its tough to catch him not in collared shirt. OO and my dad has gone by himself and been treated pretty much the same.

ProCare Lawn Service
06-02-2005, 10:16 PM
I disagree, a customer is a customer period.

liquidforcedude7
06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree with Prolawn I was ready to drop >1800$ on various things, blower edger etc. tonight when I showed up.

dvmcmrhp52
06-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I agree with Prolawn I was ready to drop >1800$ on various things, blower edger etc. tonight when I showed up.

My comment would have been........" Well, I guess I'll take my $1800 and spend it elsewhere since you're not interested in taking it off my hands" And I would have walked out.

Wanna bet he'd have stopped you before the door?

lwcmattlifter
06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
The dealer was rude no doubt but somehow I don't think he or many other dealers have seen 13 year old kids with $1800 dollarsto spend on equipment.

MMLawn
06-02-2005, 10:42 PM

Seems things have pickup for you in the old money dept then since your post yesterday.....or maybe you meant a $180.00

I bought a homelite and I have about the same amount of yards as you and it would work fine. It was $99. It starts on the second pull EVERYTIME...

What is a good blower, im looking to spend idk maybe under $135. Im only planning on doing sidewalks driveways etc. So nothing that blows like 800mph. I have a big 8hp puch blower but its way to big to carry around in my little trailer. And it doesnt really matter if its a backpack or not. I was looking at this McCulloch at Northerntool. Is it decent??

liquidforcedude7
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
No I have just been granted access by my parents to my savings account that 3/4 of the money I made last year went to since I have gotten 3 more larger accounts in the last 36 hours that need bigger equipment. But I have to replace the money by a certain date. And I also did a little sucking up to my parents to give me sort of an equipment loan through them.

AlbeLawn
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
I will say that it has happened to me too. my first mower i was buying i bought from Lesco. I was 17 and walked into 5 dealers and was ignored. I lived about 1/4 mile away from lesco and saw the mowers out one day. Pulled up in my pos truck treated me like a king. Let me try the mower out, showed me everything, and did not look at me like a minor. I was just like a person that was buying ten mowers. Bought a demo that lasted me 3 years till i sold it. 1 year after buying the mower i bought a ztr from them.MAIN POINT FIND A DEALER THAT TREATES YOU RIGHT AND TREAT THEM WELL, THEY WILL DO THE SAME TO YOU.

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Dude, Money talks & bull shi# walks. I don't care your age..u r a customer ..............PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! tHEY HAV THIER HUTA! rich in mich.

Runner
06-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Sure, I understand the whole "kid" thing and all, but I agree he should talk to you. Now, I have read threads on here by OLDER guys who have been treated the same by dealers. It is amazing how some of these dealers are. There were even suggestions (on more than one post) of calling the equipment manufacturers and distributor to tell them about these guys' service. So, as in any industry, with the equipment sales business, there are idiots just like in anything else. Oh yeah,...I would CERTAINLY be spending my money somewhere els. If he has this much disregard for potential customers, how will his AFTER sales service be? Do like one guy on here did (I wish I could remember who it was). He was treated kind of bad by a dealer, went somewhere else and filled his trailer with a bunch of brand new equip., and pulls into this other dealer once in awhile for some small stuff. It kind of reminds me of the scene in Pretty Woman, where she goes back into the dress shop that the salesgirls treated her bad in.

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 12:58 AM
LIQUIDFORCEDUDE7, That's why i got my mower off e-bay. Warranty..Dealer support..no prom-blem - O. John Deere Rocks! PS u get wat u pay 4..Rich in mich.