PDA

View Full Version : Need Pricing Help!!!!!

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
hi i am an extremly hard worker and ive been doin landscaping and lawn mowing for about three years but i think i am charging everyone to little and now i am looking to make more i need pricing help on the following

Lawn Mowing price for each time starting at 1/4 acre going up to 2 acres

Mulching price per yard

Labor charge per hour for weeding, planting, and all that other good stuff

And fall and spring clean up prices

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

ProCare Lawn Service
06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I just try to figure how long it is going to take me and charge an hourly rate. Like to get around $30 per hour or so. I have gotten pretty good at the guesstimating thing.

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
06-02-2005, 10:45 PM
is that per person

ProCare Lawn Service
06-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes, per man hr. 2 people @1 hour = $60, etc.

ProCare Lawn Service
06-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Lots of people don't like to figure it by the hour, but it works best for me.

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
06-02-2005, 10:54 PM
see i was pulling weeds for this ladie i mean like a quarter acre worth of land that was filled with them in the flowers and rocks and i had my bro work with me and i charged the ladie 15 dollars per person and finished in three hours so it came to 90 and the lady was complaining

HighGrass
06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Okay, this has worked for me but you may have to adjust it depending on your area.

I look at a lawn and estimate how long it will take me and not how much to charge. Keep your head away fromt he dollar signs. If a lawn looks like it's going to take me about 45 minutes, then I pull out the 60/hr rule and gauge it. Is it an easy lawn? Easy access, easy trimming, easy grass, then maybe it's closer to 38-40. Does the access suck, grass thick, hilly, curvy...then it's closer to 45-48.

LAWNS AND MOWER
06-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Okay, this has worked for me but you may have to adjust it depending on your area.

I look at a lawn and estimate how long it will take me and not how much to charge. Keep your head away fromt he dollar signs. If a lawn looks like it's going to take me about 45 minutes, then I pull out the 60/hr rule and gauge it. Is it an easy lawn? Easy access, easy trimming, easy grass, then maybe it's closer to 38-40. Does the access suck, grass thick, hilly, curvy...then it's closer to 45-48.And do they drive a beat up Chevy or a new Cadillac??!!!

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 12:17 AM
It's not a crime 2 make a profit..gas>+..cost of living>+,ele,phone+TAXES++++++++JOIN THAT CLUB! THEY KNOW! Get an english teacher 2 write letter 2 xplain these points...good luck..rich in mich

crawdad
06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
see i was pulling weeds for this ladie i mean like a quarter acre worth of land that was filled with them in the flowers and rocks and i had my bro work with me and i charged the ladie 15 dollars per person and finished in three hours so it came to 90 and the lady was complaining

Did you give her the price ahead of time?
I would complain, too if a 15 year old wanted 15 bucks an hour to pull weeds.