PDA

View Full Version : employee bonuses

Tired landscaper
06-02-2005, 10:56 PM
We are having trouble getting our people to take work seriously. We are getting tired of having to follow everyone around to make sure everything gets done. We do not push our people like we have heard other companies do and we are getting tired of everyone not being motivated. We were considering a bonus system to get them more interested, but frankly don't know where to start or how to do it without adding to our already overwheliming workload. Any ideas or suggestions?

out till dark
06-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I have a friend who works for a Landscape Install Co. and he gets bonuses.
They work 4 10's and don't get any overtime never.The company is very small 6 guys .He bids a job and gives it to them. What ever hours are left on the job when completed he gives his employees their hourly rate x hours left on the job. He makes16.50 an hour and some months he'll get500-600 bonus.It would probably be tougher to get maint guys to do this (QUALITY).You are going to have to babysit them reguardless. Good Luck

Mountain Peak
06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
I print out times on and off each yard on the route sheet. After a couple mowings I know how long each day should take with the crew, you get a good average time. If they get the route done faster than normal I add a few more hours to the paychecks for that route. Any quality issues are taken care of on their time if they want to qualify for bonus. I also give them the price of one weeks mowing for any new account they bring on. An example would be if they sign up a 50 a week account, when I bill the month for that account I add 50 to their paycheck. This keeps them wanting to promote your business.