PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise

DJ Contracting
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Here is my problem. I picked up this account at a retail store with a signed contract for one year, the last two times that i went to cut i found that it had already been done. Now we checked with the store manager and her regional manager and they both say that this is my account. Now i came to the conclusion that the owner of the property has hired another company to cut the lawn. I'm going to try to get a hold of the property owner to let them know that the retail business is paying for the lawn care, in hopes of the property owner will release his lawn care company, and save himself some money.

ChadA
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Sounds like this isn't going to end good for someone. Lets just hope its the other LCO.
So are you still getting paid since there on a contract?

DJ Contracting
06-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I haven't billed the store till i find out who and why they are cutting the lawn. has anybody else had this happen to them.

dvmcmrhp52
06-03-2005, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't touch that account until it is straightened out.

DJ Contracting
06-03-2005, 12:20 AM
my biggest thing is that i'm loosing money now.

dvmcmrhp52
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
my biggest thing is that i'm loosing money now.

Understood, but if you service the account in any way you may not just lose potential income, but billable hours as well.

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Signed Contract! WHO SIGNED IT? & R THEY RESPONSIBLE TO there bean counters?

DJ Contracting
06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Both store and regional managers and the bill is sent to the cooperate office.

dog245
06-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Sounds familar to me. I had an account with three local food and fuels. Two of them were Ok. However, one was being mowed by the previous years LCO. they figured that since they had not been contacted to DC operations that it was theirs. They got paid for their two mows and then we took it over. the confusion was caused by the corporate office of the client. They switched district managers and the previous one was a buddy of the competition. They were a little upset when they lost the account. Oh yea, why get nasty with me and tell me that next year it will be their account again? Oh well that was three years ago and guess who is still doing the mowing. Me!

RKISTNER1
06-03-2005, 01:08 AM
dog245__I lov it..LOL!

DJ Contracting
06-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Thats cool dog, i have another auto parts store that i cut and when the season started i did my spring clean-up which i had to cut and chip up old branches that fell over the winter, well between the store that i cut and another auto-shop there were branches on the ground so i cleaned up the ones on my account again cut and chipped. OK thought everything was cool, went by a couple of days later and seen that the auto-shops LCO decided to through the branches over to my side, well this has been going on for a month and a half i talked to my client and told them what was happing and informed them that if i had to clean up again the there would be an extra charge. They said that the auto-shop was one of their customers and would call them and take care of it. well today i found the branches on my side again, so instead of playing this game i took care of the mess and will be charging my client we'll see how this goes over. I'm wondering if i took an account from the other LCO.

sheshovel
06-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Here is my problem. I picked up this account at a retail store with a signed contract for one year, the last two times that i went to cut i found that it had already been done. Now we checked with the store manager and her regional manager and they both say that this is my account. Now i came to the conclusion that the owner of the property has hired another company to cut the lawn. I'm going to try to get a hold of the property owner to let them know that the retail business is paying for the lawn care, in hopes of the property owner will release his lawn care company, and save himself some money.

This is not what I would do.I think it's the store managers responsibility to handle this mix-up.What I would do though is bill the store you have a contract with and no matter if it's already cut or not you get paid.
Another thing I would do is stake out the place or ask at the store
or ask nearby what day the other guy cuts.Then get there before he does and cut it and turn the tables
or at least try to catch him to talk to him and show him a copy of your contract.
Or staple a copy in a place he will be sure to see it on the property.
They signed a contract,it's not your fault if somebody else is cutting it,and not up to you to stop it...You should still collect your $$$.