PDA

View Full Version : Charging 4 double cuts

Timbo
06-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Just wondering how many of you charge for double cutting. We charge 1 1/2 times for lawns that are extra log due to fert. or just rapid spring growth. Only if there is an abundance of blowing needed in the lawn after the second cut. We haven't had any major complaints yet. Most customers seem to understand and are told upfront that this may happen.

daveintoledo
06-03-2005, 08:50 AM
no extra charge, not customers fault, they should be on a 4 or 5 day schedule until the grass isnt growing so fast

Runner
06-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't charge, as I do all my own fert., so the way I see it, that is my porblem. Occasionally, I'll get a day or so behind from rain,...again, that is the nature of the beast. Now, before anyone jumps on board, and tells me how foolish I am for working for free, and all that, I just want to say, that I make mine. For the extra couple of minutes it takes me to go back over it (not nearly as long as it takes to cut it), it is well worth the results. Customer satisfaction,...and great reputation.

Pro-Scapes
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't charge, as I do all my own fert., so the way I see it, that is my porblem. Occasionally, I'll get a day or so behind from rain,...again, that is the nature of the beast. Now, before anyone jumps on board, and tells me how foolish I am for working for free, and all that, I just want to say, that I make mine. For the extra couple of minutes it takes me to go back over it (not nearly as long as it takes to cut it), it is well worth the results. Customer satisfaction,...and great reputation.

I totally agree. If your managing your customers lawn then its your responsibility. I don't see it as working for free I see it as doing it right. Customers dont have control over the weather any more than we do. If you don't take care of em someone else will! Only time I would charge more if 1 time deal or neglected and then I don't charge it as 2nd cut. I charge it as a clean up fee. Sounds more professional to me than trying to tell someone I need to mow their lawn twice. Sounds like your ripping them off since a lot never heard of it

mastercare
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't charge extra for double cutting....I just work it into my price, and my sales pitch.

I tell the customer that it is my goal to leave your lawn looking great. That means that in the spring, if I have to double cut to make it look right, that's what I'll do, and I won't charge extra for it. then I say: on the flip-side of the coin, if it gets real hot and dry in August, I also don't skip your lawn, or discount it becuase of the weather or growing conditions.

This lets the customer know that they're not gonna be able to call me and say "I don't think it needs cut this week, please skip my lawn."

They're paying the same price every week, whether I'm taking off 6 inches or 1/4 inch!!