PDA

View Full Version : The trend I'm noticing

DFW Area Landscaper
06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Cusotmers who signed up in the spring, March & April, generally signed up for weekly lawn mowing service.

Since about the middle of May or so, I have noticed that probably 80% of new cusotmers are signing up for bi-weekly service.

Anyone else notice the same trends with their sales?

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

marko
06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Those are the cheapies. If you offer it, they will take it. I have the same thing. Im going to raise my prices a tad more next year. It is a nitch though. Not many Lco's here want them.

Jpocket
06-03-2005, 12:05 PM
We dont't do bi-weeklys...but im sure if i wanted to I could have a full slate of em... I find that the majority of them are FOREIGNERS. I will never do bi-weekly anymore unless she is hot and is willing to pay in alternative ways!

ztoro
06-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I find that the majority of them are FOREIGNERS.

Bingo...

I will never do bi-weekly anymore unless she is hot and is willing to pay in alternative ways!

A little sucky sucky can convince me as well....

DFW Area Landscaper
06-03-2005, 12:44 PM
The nice thing about a bi-weekly customer is that they are less inclined to decide to cancel because they want to do it themselves. Two cuts a month is usually about $50 in my market. Once you start getting near the $100 dollar per month mark, the customers are very likely to cancel the service to save money on something they should be doing themselves. At $50 per month, I find the bi-weekly customers are staying longer.

As long as they comply with the fert restrictions, I have no problem with it.

If they think they're going to fertilize, that is another story.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

budracin
06-03-2005, 07:55 PM
if you line up the bi-weekly customers the right way...say..50 of them...thats 25 one week and 25 the next week. Your not missing a thing. So what if they are next door to who you mow every week. Adapt, adjust and overcome. I would take 20, 30, or even 50 bi-weekly over nothing at all. My plate is full, but I won't turn down money when the time is there. Just my 2cents.

ProCare Lawn Service
06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Almost all of my customers are bi-weekly. Do any of you Alabama LCO's find that most people around here want bi-weekly service?

DennisF
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
The way St.Augustine grows here in Florida mowing EOW is out of the question. From May through October they get mowed every week or they don't get mowed at all.

As far as I'm concerned, people that want EOW service are not worth the trouble. All they want is cheap service and will look for the lowest price from anyone that will give it to them. JMO.

MWHC
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
You will find that many of your beloved bi-weekly accounts turn to once per month when it gets nice & hot. We will not take bi-weekly accounts. Just curious; what do you guys do when the bi-weekly customers start wanting every 3 weeks?

Much depends on your market; our growing season is so short, if they don't want on for the full deal then no deal.

rdran5
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Bi-weekly means twice a week, atleast that is what I recall. Bi-monthly means twicw a month. Do yall agree, I am still learning this Green Bus. terminology, let me know.

T.E.
06-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Many years ago I had my first lawn service, and most all were EOW. When I started back up this time I simply told them such, and such price, and that is EVERY week I don't do EOW. I had no problem getting my accounts. Now I tell them if they want it EOW why don't I mow your lawn every week for 15.00 instead of EOW for 30.00! Because I'm cutting the same amount of grass. I just have to show up once is the only difference. The mower is still cutting two weeks worth of grass ALL AT ONCE. JMO

Jason Rose
06-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I actually gain 4 or 5 new weekely customers in the month of may every season. This seems to be the time that many homeowners that have started with good intentions on their own are finding out that mowing is WORK and are wiling to pay for the service now. Also the ones that are fed up with their current LCO and see me, or whoever for the example, right across the street on a weekly basis, same day and about the same time and the lawn looks as best as it can every week. Some, however are not so easy to take on this time of year. The ones that call and tell you that, "uhhh, it hasn't been cut in a month" Well, those are a look and see proposition. If it's a new weekly customer and a lawn worth having then I will hack it down and make it presentable for the extra charge, possible the full chem. treatment as well.

Bi-weekly is ok, but not during the spring/early summer when everything is growing like mad... and 10 dayers can go fly a kite!

Precision
06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Bi-weekly means twice a week, atleast that is what I recall. Bi-monthly means twicw a month. Do yall agree, I am still learning this Green Bus. terminology, let me know.

check out websters bi weekly can mean twice weekly or twice monthly.

Use EOW or every other week to end confusion.

DFW Area Landscaper
06-03-2005, 10:51 PM
++++You will find that many of your beloved bi-weekly accounts turn to once per month when it gets nice & hot. We will not take bi-weekly accounts. Just curious; what do you guys do when the bi-weekly customers start wanting every 3 weeks?++++

The bi-weekly customers that we service are not allowed to skip. Period. If they insist on skipping a cut, we will drop them. End of story.

The biggest danger with bi-weekly service is the customer promising not to fertilize and then doing it anyway.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper