PDA

View Full Version : New old retaining wall

BNC SERVICES
06-03-2005, 07:16 PM
costomer wanted the wall to blend in and not look like a brick wall, you know look sort of rough , what do you guys think. The project is not done yet there is a flagstone patio going in behind the wall and to the back step...bryan
before pics

BNC SERVICES
06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
and after pics

mkwl
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Looks good, but the tree has too much dirt too far up it's trunk. I have seen mature trees die from exactly what was done. Your part (the wall) looks good though!

BNC SERVICES
06-03-2005, 08:19 PM
well actually the dirt is only about two inches or less, higher , than where the mulch has been for a couple of years. im safe there i think. the only thing im worried about is some of the roots i had to cut, and they still want me to trim the tree. i bridged over some of them and cut into a few of them too. But does anyone know if i should wait on the triming, i dont want to shock the tree to much. The tree is 20 years old and started off as one of those 12" tall memorial day sticks that there kids brought home from school.

snap12.5
06-03-2005, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=BNC SERVICES]well actually the dirt is only about two inches or less, higher , than where the mulch has been for a couple of years. im safe there i think. QUOTE]

it looks like a lot more than 2 in. u will be lucky if it doesnt die and have a customer that wants u to remove the tree for free.

Gilla Gorilla
06-03-2005, 10:47 PM
It looks good. I think the only thing that I would have done Differently is to try and stager the joints more. I could notice it alot in the last pic. Kinda like this --- --- ---
--- ---

BNC SERVICES
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
It looks good. I think the only thing that I would have done Differently is to try and stager the joints more. I could notice it alot in the last pic. Kinda like this --- --- ---
--- ---

i would agree with that, staggering the joints more , but it seemed like every peice that would stagger it nicely just wouldnt sit right. anyways thanks for the comments. i dont do landscaping 100% of the time so i like to here how i could do it better for next time....thanks guys....Bryan

BNC SERVICES
06-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I also put these in on the other side of the yard.....and i did the edging by hand.

South Florida Lawns
06-04-2005, 09:03 PM
How much do they wan't off the tree? You should be fine it doesn't look like you took out too many roots anyways. Btw what was the price for the rock?

Up North
06-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Bryan,
Don't know why you bothered putting that wall up...I'm sure you'll just knock it down with the plow next winter anyways... :D

Just kidding man, looks good. And welcome to Lawnsite!

Buck

BNC SERVICES
06-05-2005, 12:20 PM
How much do they wan't off the tree? You should be fine it doesn't look like you took out too many roots anyways. Btw what was the price for the rock?

well the tree needs to be cut back about 2-3 feet and shaped . as for the rock its called oakfield drywall , i pay $189 a ton.

BNC SERVICES
06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Bryan,
Don't know why you bothered putting that wall up...I'm sure you'll just knock it down with the plow next winter anyways... :D

Just kidding man, looks good. And welcome to Lawnsite!

Buck

i hope i dont hit with the plow , its on the backside of the house....but you never know anything is possible.....bryan

South Florida Lawns
06-05-2005, 07:27 PM
the edge of my gardens. This would raise the beds and help define them better. There isn't much rock work done here in my part of florida (not much rocks in Florida except limestone). You gave me some good ideas i just gotta locate the rock.

BNC SERVICES
06-10-2005, 02:36 PM
here are some finished pics of the patio

BNC SERVICES
06-14-2005, 12:12 AM
any comments on the patio?..

Up North
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
any comments on the patio?..

Looks good Bryan! I may need to hire you for a couple projects up north here... :D

Buck