PDA

View Full Version : Best Work Boots?

LawnBrother
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
What do you guys wear? My sneakers are comfortable but wear out really qiuck. What do you think are the best, most durable, most comfortable work boots?

green thum
06-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I bought a pair of georgia boots for $85 a year ago when i first got in the biz and have no complaints,very comfortable and of course waterproof.

lwcmattlifter
06-03-2005, 08:04 PM
I wear Steel toe Wolverines. Timberland Pro is a nice boot also but I feel like they wear out faster than the Wolverines.

out till dark
06-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Goretex is a must .I like Danner and Red Wings

odtb
06-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey all, really like the Red wing wedge soles, or the wolverine dura shoc. :)

green acres lawns
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Have worn red wing steel toes for years. Nothing better for working. Imported Boots hurt your feet and fall apart in a couple of months.

rdran5
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
TimberLand Sneakers, work great in summer, use Red Head field boots in the cool months.

ProMo
06-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Ive been wearing magnum hi-tech they have a 60 day comfort guarantee. I had the style with the zipper on the side and weedeated the zipper and the 6 month warranty covered them. They are very light and comfortable.

cndhaines
06-04-2005, 09:58 AM
red back boots they are made in austraila but are lighter then sneakers and more comfey then redwings u can look them up on the internet or if u see your local matco tools rep they carry them i have had the same pair for 5 years and they carry a lifetime sole on them

chris

txlawnking
06-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Doc Martin slip on's for me.. I've tried every kind of boot out there almost, and the slip on Doc's are the best I've ever used, hands down.

MMLawn
06-04-2005, 12:09 PM
This kinda of question is chevy vs. ford.vs. dodge. As you can see from the 9 responses so far you have already received 8 different answers/types so it really will be what feels best to you when you try them on.

Also is you will do a search you will find 100's of threads on this as this question is ask every month but I will tell you the Red Wing is spoken about alot.

Travis'lawnsn'at
06-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I have BIG MACS. the laces frayed in a month, the metal holders for the laces broke, and my toes are occasionally numb.

but they were 26 bucks, so they work

TLS
06-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Personally, I like these Rocky's http://www.rockyboots.com/wcsstore/Rocky/images/catalog/category/wk_footwear.gif

They are waterproof, steel toed, and low cut (5") so you don't get that mid calf tan line. They don't load up with grass in the soles either.

Nice and wide cut for pleanty of room for your piggies!

turfmgr
06-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Vasque GoreTex Sundowners...best boots ever!!

out4now
06-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Red Wings and Wolverines(Caterpilliar same) are both good. The Red Wings lasted the longest but cost me more than the Wolverines.

shortgut
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I find the the Herman Suvivors at Wal-Mart are good for me I can get about 2 years of wear out of them and they arenot that high think about $45.00 the ones I get are the black lace up waterproof ones

Mo Green
06-04-2005, 08:20 PM
I bought a pair of Carhartt boots at the local Redwing store. Comfortable and waterproof........what a combination.

South Florida Lawns
06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Got the gator myself skinned it and had some boots made by a friend of mine. I will post some pics soon.

FloridaMowMan
06-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Doc Martens all the way. I have two pairs that I rotate...both I have had since I was 20....and I am 27 now!

Dirty Water
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Since I do irrigation, I do a lot of a digging, and I find that a wear a hole in the sole of my boot much faster than I can wear out the boot itself.

If I get a years worth out of my boot I consider it money well spent.

Last year I bought a pair of Carolina's for $85, They seemed to have the hardest sole of any of the boots at the sporting goods store, and they held up great, but eventually I wore a hole through on my digging foot.

This year I picked up a pair of cheaper boots because the Carolina's they had in stock this year were much flimsier...No complaints yet, but I'm only 4 months in on them so far.

LawnBrother
06-04-2005, 10:17 PM
This kinda of question is chevy vs. ford.vs. dodge. As you can see from the 9 responses so far you have already received 8 different answers/types so it really will be what feels best to you when you try them on.

Also is you will do a search you will find 100's of threads on this as this question is ask every month but I will tell you the Red Wing is spoken about alot.

I think you are exactly right! Hahaha. I thought maybe one would stand out above the others. Seems Red Wings are popular. For the price they better be good!

Since I started the thread, I guess I should say what I wear too. Nike ACG's. Super comfy. Great traction. Go through pairs like a hot knife through butter. I wanted to switch to something more durable, but I never liked work boots, that's why I wanted some ideas about what to try out.

Up North
06-04-2005, 10:31 PM
C'mon, you all should try flip flops...there's nothing better! Especially the ones that say "Scrub!" on the bottom of the sole. :D Just kidding guys... :rolleyes:

MMLawn is right on. Seems we get a thread once a month on boots and Red Wing usually is spoken very highly of...and I can vouch for that, also have liked Wolverine in the past, mainly for my hunting boots. Currently I have a pair of Georgia Boots for work which are pretty good, Little Giant is the model I believe, 6" boot. They seem to have good wear life and were very reasonable, $70 if I remember correctly. Got them at Bootbay or something like that on the net. Probably will go back to my Red Wings after these, the Red Wings seem to be a bit more comfy.

Buck

Appalachian landscape
06-05-2005, 01:51 AM
I had a pair of dunham shoes, and they were the most comfortable shoes of any kind I have ever owned. I just replaced them with some merrell hiking boots and I'm not so sure about these.