PDA

View Full Version : solid rubber caster wheels?

GreenGrassEarnsCash
06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Has anyone used the solid rubber caster wheels? I took my stander up to have it checked over today and asked about some new front caster wheels and he told me about these solid rubber ones. Whos used these and how do you like them? The dealer told me everyone is switching over to these.

lwcmattlifter
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I have solids on my TTHP and on one of my older metros. They work great and no more flats.

SellPoint
06-03-2005, 11:24 PM
I put those on my old grasshopper about a month before it died. They worked great for the short time I used them.

ToroLandscaper
06-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Howd they die?

ToroLandscaper
06-03-2005, 11:38 PM
whoops read it wrong sorry

TLS
06-03-2005, 11:44 PM
I'd watch them on a Stander. The will subject the mower to a LOT of stress as they don't "give" anywhere near what an air tire can.

Try this test.....

Inflate your current caster tires to 50psi (not 15, but 50! )

If you can take the punishment, and think the mower can, then go for it.

I have a pair for the front of a fullsize Lazer if anyone want's them.

Itsgottobegreen
06-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I'd watch them on a Stander. The will subject the mower to a LOT of stress as they don't "give" anywhere near what an air tire can.

Try this test.....

If you can take the punishment, and think the mower can, then go for it.

I have a pair for the front of a fullsize Lazer if anyone want's them.

This is exactly why I run flat proof tubes in my standers. 20 psi is the max you can go on a stander front tires. Or your eyes will pop out. I run tubes in the rears at 8psi. Sole to keep the tires from coming off the rims at such a low tire pressure. 8psi gives a reall nice ride and the claws to lets the stander climb anything.

Meg-Mo
06-06-2005, 05:02 PM
The no flat that we run on all our mowers are equal to 25 psi. Can not tell much different but no more flats, Only about $5.00 higher than a regular tire. Give us a call we can help on the tires.

LawnBrother
06-06-2005, 11:26 PM

Good Idea. (although I think 50 is a little high) In my opinion, solid rubber front tires would be a lot harder on the mower and the operator. I just got some tubes put in the front of my WB and I know the guy over filled them. It was ROUGH, man! Had to let some air out. Couldn't imagine a solid tire unless you are mowing perfectly flat lawns...all the time. They would probably rattle your teeth loose on a stander.