PDA

View Full Version : Ferris I.s. W/ Kolher Motor Problem?

REVPRO
06-03-2005, 10:43 PM
My Dad Has A Ferris I S Mower With A Kohler Motor In It, The Motor Runs Good For About A Half Hour Then It Begins To Cut Out And Backfire Eventually Stalling. It Will Easily Refire If You Pull The Choke Out , But It Will Only Run For A Few Minuetes Until It Does The Same Thing. It Sounds As If The Ignition Is Cutting Out. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks In Advance

Restrorob
06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
My Dad Has A Ferris I S Mower With A Kohler Motor In It, The Motor Runs Good For About A Half Hour Then It Begins To Cut Out And Backfire Eventually Stalling. It Will Easily Refire If You Pull The Choke Out , But It Will Only Run For A Few Minuetes Until It Does The Same Thing. It Sounds As If The Ignition Is Cutting Out. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks In Advance

Post the engine model and spec. numbers so we can tell what engine we are dealing with. !!!!
It will make a difference as where to send you looking !

Gautreaux's LNG
06-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I know this could sound crazy, but it could be the fuel tank cap. Had this similar problem. Worth while checking out. run it until it stops. If you don't see fuel in the filter the tank may not be venting. good luck

TLS
06-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Try cracking open your gas caps when this happens.

I was ready to type exactly what Gautreaux said.